Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Has it been three weeks?

I guess you're right. I've been MIA for a while. Partly I've been covering a lot of hours out at a job site and that takes all my energy. Partly I've been avoiding politics and anything else likely to keep me consistently pissed off.

I've been keeping busy, however. I've been on many job interviews and preparing all of my current client files for the day I leave. If I leave - you know, it depends on those job interviews. I think they went well, but one never can tell.

I've been playing a lot of Warcraft with the man since I got my iMac and sold him my old gaming laptop. That has been a ton o' fun and I knew it would be. We've been playing a Mage/Priest combo and the asskicking has been amazing. I like multi-tasking and that's what I do as a Shadow Priest - I cast damaging spells yet watch the health of the Mage so he doesn't cause too much threat and die. But you know, if he does bite it then I can resurrect him which is nice. We're still doing the lowbie quests so he can learn the game and I am pretty well versed in everything we need to do so there isn't a lot of "Wait! Let me look this up on Thotbot!" going around.

I'm back to gaming with the Sunday group - and that is a blast too. I have missed the back and forth with all the guys and of course with the best DM ever we have been doing some very fun things. One of the guys has taken my spell list and transformed it into a webpage with drop-down arrows, and as soon as he finds a way to save it with each use it will be the best spell sheet ever. I realized I could do an excel sheet with the drop-downs and save it, but this is his project and it's very cool~! It looks better than anything I could do and I like it a lot.

I'm still vegetarian (since August 07) and that's going well. I have been taking fish oil capsules and realized that I need that very much and so keeping my crohn's disease in mind I will eat the occasional fish. I started thinking that I needed a carne asada burrito and so the man ordered one and I actually took a bite. It tasted like crap. My bean and rice tasted infinitely better. That was a good thing - I didn't want to blow my whole veggie plan over a steak burrito. Who needs all those chemicals and hormones anyway?

I had the worst sinus headaches every morning for months. I was living on Sudafed (the real stuff from the pharmacist and not the fake "PE" they sell now to thwart the meth-lab people) and hating life. I started learning about neti pots and then I finally used one. After a day or so the headaches stopped completely. I haven't had one now since some time in December. If I get stuffy or even just dry - I use the neti pot and my sinuses are in fantastic shape. Of course I stopped taking Sudafed and gained five pounds. Exactly five pounds. Which brings me to my next point.

I made the switch from my HMO to the new one - it was not a choice, since my employer decided to only allow one HMO and it wasn't mine. We all had to do it. So - I have a new cardiologist, new pacemaker nurse, new gastroenterologist, and new clinics, and new hospital. I chose the cardiologist based on country of origin - he's from India - I figure that the top of the top doctors in India come to practice here, so it's an even bet that I will get a sharp Cardio doc. I had my pacemaker checked and had an echocardiogram (cutest ec nurse evar, zomg) and now on Friday I will go into the hospital for some further pacemaker checking because apparently it's not doing what it's supposed to do. I'll be sedated and get the rest of the day off which is pretty wonderful. I hope they figure out what the problem is and fix it.

Yesterday I met my new Gastro doc - and I want you to picture Emma Thompson (the actress) with a mop of Shirley Temple curls and well, nuts. She's a british doctor, and talked a mile a minute. She seemed pretty sharp to me, but I don't know if one visit has me trusting her with my gut health. She didn't really let me get a word in, and that's pretty important with crohn's disease because the patient is the one who knows the most about his condition. One good note is that I'm on a schedule for blood draws now because of my weekly med, and based on the seriousness of that med I'm glad they are checking. Also, I'm permanently off my supposed-daily drug of 16 pills per day. WTF, says you - did you say Sixteen Pills Per Day? Yes. And I don't take them anyway - so it was a wasted effort at best. Another plus in the new G.I.'s direction is that she doesn't want to use the evil devil prednisone if I have a flare in the future. She already gave me a prescription for a different steroid and I'm just supposed to handle it if that problem comes up. Based on what my records say (when they arrive - for some reason my old doc's office has some issues with fax machines?) I will possibly not have to see the inside of my G.I.'s office for a whole year, unless I become ill. Can I get an amen, hallelujah?

:::End of Update:::

1 comment:

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.