Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Changes!

Wow, have I ever been busy lately. Ever since leaving the residential agency and joining the ranks of the Feds I have been working and sleeping, sleeping and working.

Updates? Hm...the man and I have our tickets to Am
sterdam, woo hoo! I told my new boss that I always go to Amsterdam in the spring and she agreed to give me leave to do so. Mainly this was because I told her about it in the interview so it wasn't something I sprung on her after the fact. So, come April 22nd (23rd with travel time +1 day) I will be sipping a nice hot beverage and practicing my EXTREMELY poor Dutch. No, seriously. Anything more than please and thank you or even...ik heb geen idee...and I'm a loser. And a geek, since it just occurred to me that I could make a character name in Warcraft using that now so tired phrase.

I haven't had to fill my gas tank in almost two weeks, yee haw!

Ok, full stop. I do *not* use words like yee
haw.

But you know, I haven't had to fill my tank in almost two weeks because I get to ride a bus to work now. It's pretty fantastic and I can't wait for warmer weather so that I can stick my bike on the front and ride it either part-way or all the way home. I've been getting lots of exercise what with the hospital being three blocks UPHILL each morning, and I don't mind that at all.

For the most part I like my co-workers and they have a sincere dedication to the patients we support. These guys certainly deserve respect and help, considering they gave up limbs and mental health in the service to Uncle Sam. What's really great about working in this environment is that politics is a non-issue. Nobody gives a fuck who is voting for Hillary Clinton and whether David Vitter paid a prostitute to spank him while he wore diapers. We are all there to help the patients, period.

Of course because of the racism thing I'll be a pariah come Monday or Tuesday. What racism thing, you ask? Well I trained with a long-timer who went on a rant to me that was filled with racist vitriol, and I vented to a co-worker afterwards...a co-worker who went to my supervisors. Both of them. And I had to document the "incident" for them and I can bet they'll talk to her Monday or Tuesday...after which she'll label me a rat and I will be lower than the bottom of a pair of shoes. Even though I didn't go to the bosses it's still on me. I was just venting. As I do. Gah.... this is stressing me out a little bit, but surprisingly less than managing staff within a residential agency.

What's nice about things right now is that A. I got a seriously kick ass pair of Maryjane's today, and spent a good hour polishing them while I watched In the Shadow of the Vampire. And!! I wasn't even on drugs while I did it. What's the story with that, you say? Well...I used to use speed and shining my Doc Martin combat boots was usually an all night task for me, and a very enjoyable one. No drugs now, but I do have a crazy-awesome pair of new shiney shoes.

Oh yeah! B. In addition to shiney shoes I haven't thought of politics ALL DAY. Fuck politics. It gives me a fucking headache with all the inherent misogyny going around. No, goddamn it I do not like Hillary - but jesus christ on a stick there are too many elements of women hating on the blogs and in the media instead of people looking at her RECORD. Ok, there, see what that makes me do? CAPS.

C. I went shoe shopping and out to dinner with some good friends and it was just nice to share their company. I miss that when I crawl into Hermit Land, pick up some knitting needles, and space out the world. It's no great secret that as fucked up as I've always been it has evolved into me becoming more and more reclusive as I age. I want the benefits of friends but it's so goddamn hard for me to want to leave the house sometimes. So, tonight with shopping and dinner was great. Of course I ate too much but damn. I took the stairs all damn day.

3 comments:

  1. Shelley
    Please e-mail me at phototed@yahoo.com

    You didn't leave a return address so
    I could respond to you.

    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wear your Docs in AmsterDAYUM!
    Totally exciting.

    I am still bewildered at your entire political system...it is mindboggling? We have a 36 day Election! Uh-Huh.

    I enjoyed Bush's War on Frontline tonight..if only everybody in America watched it...the bigger the lie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yee haw! just checking in. hi shelley.

    joel

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.