Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Apparently I'm Agnostic (according to some idiots)

People amaze me. I'm not sure why they do, but nonetheless there you have it.
 
This morning while conversing with a coworker he blithely informs me that since I am a skeptic, I cannot possibly be an atheist. Um, what?
 
I knew he was dumb, but that's pretty fucking inane even for him. He stated that I am indeed an Agnostic, since I'm an Atheist until I see proof. Somehow, according to him, this negates my atheism.
 
When thinking this through, I can only imagine that he believes an Atheist is someone, when confronted with a deity, will still deny that deity exists. I'm not sure where he gets this idea.
 
Then again, he reads a lot of Fox News, and didn't know the definition of Xenophobia.

--
"Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone, from the last church, falls on the last priest." - Émile Zola

2 comments:

  1. Just tell him about his noodly appendage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he'd probably think I was complimenting him sexually. =P

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.