We got back from Minnesota last night. We saw my family, and I gave Julie the poncho I knitted. I got to spend time with my nieces and that was great. My older sister Tina behaved herself and didn't get crazy. She did ignore Bill completely, however. Not sure why. Better than going nuts I suppose. Julie's husband was mellow as hell and I'm just glad. The whole visit freaked me out nonetheless and I was trying not to take it out on Bill, but I caught myself sometimes being short with him when I didn't mean to.
Julie has sarcoma in her chest, and she's getting a pet scan today to find out how extensive it is. She starts her radiation and chemotherapy on thursday, so I've got to knit her a hat and send it soon. I've already started but you know how I am - slow!
The drive up and back was very pleasant. Bill and I rented a car and drove up, and instead of small talk I read to him from the Orson Scott Card book, Pastwatch. That's a great story and I'm glad he liked it. We didn't finish the book, but I can still read to him the ending when we've got some more time. I'd kind of like to find out how it ends too! I've read it numerous times, but not for a long while.
I saw my doctor today, and he recommended some things for my arthritis. He said to wear socks and gloves to bed, or take an 8-hr. Tylenol arthritis pill right before bed so that it's still in effect when I wake up. That's in addition to the Piroxicam I'm already taking, and also Glucosamine & Chondroitin. Then! I'm to take some seriously high doses of B12 which I can buy over the counter. We'll see how I improve. I don't have to get a blood test for a few more weeks. I just want the aching in my ankles and wrists to stop. At least the Piroxicam has helped with the pain in my hands that I have when I wake up each day. Now I'm mostly stiff, but without the sharp, shooting pains I was having before.
I'm worried about Julie. My other sister Heather says that after chemo a person will lose their hair between 2 weeks - 2 months. I guess she's in the know- she was up on all the medications and stuff. Maybe she's in school for that. Sounded like it. She's pretty smart anyway. AND a gamer?? She told me she's been playing World of Warcraft every spare minute between classes and homework. That is the coolest thing. Maybe we'll finally have some common ground between us.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.