Saturday, May 13, 2006

dumpster diving for fun and profit

so I went into Borders to get boxes and newspapers. Dave said not to take all the boxes because an ex-co-worker was coming later to pick up boxes too. He should not have said who was coming later because what...a...bitch! So I took all the boxes just for spite. I remembered after I'd already headed next door for packing tape and markers and a card for Linda that I needed some newspaper too. It had all been tossed into the wet dumpster already. I headed round back and jumped up into that special green metal box that may have been home to many in years past, and scored HUGE. The rain hadn't gotten to all the papers, and I was in luck. So boxes, tape, newspapers, and certain joyful evil glee at thwarting Destiny* are mine, all mine!

*the actual name of this person, and no, I'm not kidding. Her entire employment at Borders was spent making all the supervisors' lives Hell, and at the time I was one of said supervisors. Talk about a stupid cow. She was very VERY Catholic, and dumb as a brick. She would get upset that we would expect her to work, and once or twice started shouting at me on the sales floor. I have no idea what it was about anymore, but man! I sure remember dreading working with the beeyotch. Damn, I'm petty, but damn it feels a little good. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.