One more shining example of why I barely read the damn site. The damn site being the Daily Kos.
to wit:
"Email makes it easy for stupid people to send stupid emails to public figures. If they can't handle a little heat in their email inbox, then really, they should try another line of work."
Ok. He's talking about Kathy Sierra, and that she was targeted by explicit death threats and photoshopped pictures, too SICK to post, of her with nooses next to her head, and panties over her face. She cancelled a speaking engagement and shut down her techie blog where she discussed such "controversial shit," as Kos called it, as UI formatting (woo, so controversial) because of the threats.
What Kos has done is downplay a real threat and put it behind a smirky post that deals with the blogger code of conduct, which pretty much everyone recognizes as crap.
Kos you're a prick.
Code Of Conduct?
ReplyDeleteWe already have comment approval and the right to attack idiots who leave stupid comments..what more could you ask for?
I don't mind the idea of outting anonymous commenting on personal blogs...maybe..hmm..I think I do.
I find anonymous comments annoying because they are always tedious.
There is a code of conduct... I thought it was just an i agree button... As much as this person may be an idiot, he has the right to be an idiot and post idiotic posts.... That is a right i will gladly fight for.
ReplyDeleteOn the flip side, you have the right to point out to the world 1) by posting, 2) by commenting that he is infact an idiot, 3) do what i do with the Herald Sun (tabloid press) Dont read it..
It is however a shame that journalism is now being obscured behind this paper selling BS, which stirs fear and Hatred.
yeah!
ReplyDeletewhat he said.
I agree with both of you. Kos is still a prick for downplaying real threats (that were reported to the FBI), and for implying that Kathy Sierra has any-fucking-thing to do with a blogger code of conduct.
ReplyDeleteThat's some other prick.
So that was my point. I do not and would never support any fucking code of conduct that said I couldn't fucking say what the fuck ever I want to fucking say. Right!
=) Thanks for commenting. I like to see y'alls around and I appreciate the input!
Hey, just popping in to say thanks for your visit....I'm finally getting around to visiting you!
ReplyDeleteHope all is good in your life!
A most interesting blog you have!
Take care!
Margie
Back again!
ReplyDeleteIs there 643 days till Bush is gone?
Too long for me!
He is such an idiot!
Margie