How was your Sunday? Mine sucked. I spent five hours in the hospital ER after days of wrenching pain sent me there. Besides an i.v. saline drip and some painkiller (never enough) they sent me home with a prescription for Prilosec and some Vicodin and said I should call my doctor to be seen. I already have an appointment for this coming Friday so that's covered at least. It feels like I have an ulcer along with a flare-up of my Crohn's.
As usual my honey was more than great, and he even bought me a chocolate malt on the way home. And I'm a crab-ass today. HUGE crab-ass. I need to talk to nobody and no one for the rest of the day and I might be okay. Plus I took a Vicodin already and once that kicks in I'll be asleep. I arranged for tomorrow off work unless I suddenly feel better, which I doubt will happen. Between the steroids I had to start on Friday and my weekly dose of meds for the Crohn's I'm a basket case.
I wasn't admitted to the hospital because my blood work came back fine, and my white blood count was normal too. I hope it's just an ulcer because those are pretty easily fixed. I'm kind of upset that my Crohn's decided to flare up because I have only really been feeling good since around March. Four months isn't long enough to get myself back in order. I need longer than that!
I lived with a crohns disease sufferer i wouldnt wish it on anyone.
ReplyDeletePAin relief should just be here have a key to our secret kick arse pill cabinet, have fun!
Hope you feel a bit better soon, hopefully the other half spoils you rotten you sound like you need it.
I can only send you hugs and wish you the best, Shelley. It's good to hear your honey was great.
ReplyDeleteAnd not that you need me saying it, but it's OK to be a crab-ass. Just know I'm thinking of you.
Aidan: I like your idea of the big pill cabinet. They usually give me hydromorphone (dilauded) intravenously and when the pain is really bad it only scratches the surface. The Vicodin is nice. I get pain relief and no loopiness. Yay for pain relief!
ReplyDeleteWho did you know with Crohn's? My sister and niece have it as well as I, but I don't know anyone else besides the people in my support group.
Chris: Thanks for the well wishes and hugs. Bill was amazing. He even took Aidan's advice and brought me some minty ice cream last night and asked if that constituted spoilage. Heh.
I'm usually not so bad-tempered when I'm ill - I don't know what the deal was. I'm better now. :)
Sorry to hear about the pain, glad you got some spoils in!
ReplyDeleteYour cat is 17?
That is awesome!
My Blogpal 'Skeet' ( link on my sidebar) has experience living with Crohn's. You might wanna drop her a note, maybe she has some tips.
Allan: Thanks! =) Yep, the old man is 17! He still looks great though.
ReplyDeleteI contacted your friend. There was actually a link on her blog to a Crohn's forum, which is great! Thanks again.
Shelley:
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are better. And it's so good to know you've got Bill in your life.
It may constitute spoilage. But spoilage is part of what great love is all about.
:-)