As if that weren't enough!
I've been reading Feministing and it does nothing but rile me up. Bah. Stories like this really piss me off. I'm glad they have a trigger warning. Are things really getting worse for women and minorities, or am I oversensitive?
No, I don't think things are getting worse.
ReplyDeleteThe rightwingers, sensing that they are on the wrong side of history, are trying harder to make them worse, and to justify that worsening; but my unhappy opinion is that it's really been at least this bad all along. Usually worse.
What's changing is that Feministing, and other similar associative endeavors, are getting better and better at discovering these stories, vetting them to ensure that they can be substantiated, and publishing them.
And as enraging as the stories are, their publication is a good thing. Light on the cockroaches.
I was going to say that but Bill beat me to it...it's a bad time to be human. Always has been.
ReplyDelete