Swearing actually helps with pain control? That's why I'm so goddamned tough.
I recall the rules of the household where I was spawned, and it was this: Don't Cuss!! Didn't matter if you were being killed, you'd better not utter so much as a "dang" or you were fucking TOAST. I was grounded for a month once for saying "gol dang." Seriously. I shit you not.
I heard my mother drop the F bomb ONE time in my entire life, and I'm still scarred by it. I was eleven (*sob*) and it was in the dining room of our place in Minneapolis. I remember gasping out "...MOM!" and with a shocked look on her own face she went in the other room and we tacitly agreed to let the matter drop.
(h/t Pam's House Blend)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.