Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More outrageous victim blaming and intimidation

Well, apparently I know which hotel chain NEVER to use. And I plan to tell them why. Check this out from the Stamford, CT area. (via a poster at Pharyngula, thanks Carlie!)

And then, please let Marriott know how you feel about them claiming this woman was at fault for being raped at gunpoint in THEIR parking garage in front of her two children. Also, you might mention how you feel about them outing her case to her acquaintances as a form of intimidation.

https://www.marriott.com/suggest/suggest.mi



UPDATE:

I contacted Marriott customer service.

To Whom it May Concern:


Let me direct you to this article in which it claims that your company is attempting to find a rape victim negligent in her own rape at gunpoint in your parking garage in Stamford CT.


http://www.connpost.com/ci_13048604


There was also mention of disclosing her identity to her acquaintances as an attempt at victim intimidation.


I assure I have stayed at your hotels in the past, but could not stomach doing it again if this is your idea of customer service. As a woman, as a parent (edit: step-parent, but I'd shit a brick if this happened to anyone I knew), and as a citizen I find this repugnant in the extreme.


I have also directed my friends and colleages to stop patronizing your hotels if this is the way your business is conducted.


Finally, you should be ashamed of yourselves for treating a human being in this manner.


Good Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.