Monday, January 16, 2006

can't sleep, may as well...

..write something. What was that saying, a writer writes, always? Well I suppose it's good to stay in practice. I can't imagine what work is going to be like tomorrow. I sure as hell know I can't sleep tonight so it'll be a long assed day. After work will be fun because my friends' band is playing an early show at the High Noon Saloon. They rock and I am excited. Of course that'll be if I can stick out the day. I'm just way fucking tired out and yet I can't sleep a wink. Instead of lying around the house today Bill and I went out walking and shopping, etc. I was totally beat in a couple of hours, but I couldn't let that beautiful sunny warm day pass me by without enjoying the outdoors. It was great to leave the car at home and trod about, hand in hand with my honey. I can only imagine that people get cavities just being around us, we're so freaking sweet. *ha*

Tonight I watched High Fidelity and was really impressed. I read the book years ago and loved it. Of course the movie was not at all like the book, but in spite of that I really enjoyed the flick. There were tons of cameos by big name stars, the best of which was Tim Robbins as the hippie weirdo Ian. The scenes where he was facing off with John Cusack freaking killed me, they were so funny. I also forgot that Jack Black was in the movie, and he always kills. I noticed one or two plot points where the movie followed the book ...loosely... but for the most part it felt like an original. I have been avoiding this movie for years, simply because I was afraid they would not be true to Nick Hornby's novel. I was right, and they were not. Still and all, I highly recommend this movie.

I now intend to take sleeping pills and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.