Apparently I woke up shouting "ai yi yi yi yi yi!!!!!" at Bill. Isn't that odd. I don't recall the event but I'm sure it was fucking hilarious.
Spent the day with Ida at the hospital, and knitted most of a blue chenille scarf. Took a break round noonish for lunch with the Mob. Ellie made ravioliolios and I was happy.
More time with Ida and the crowd at St. Mary's hospital. Nice bunch, really, but still and all I wouldn't want treatment from a Catholic hospital. Call me prejudiced if you like, but it weirds me out. I actually went there once long ago for some stomach trouble which may have been a partial blockage, but I turned out okay and they sent me home. Crohn's sucketh mightily.
Speaking of that dreaded thing, I went to the Whole foods for our tour and meeting and it was a good time. The butcher dudes are pretty hot...but anyway!! Weirdly enough one of the girls, Amanda, asked if anyone else has trouble with their hands not working, and/or joints aching. She was diagnosed in '04 and I've seen her a handful of times. We have almost identical resection scars, except mine goes aaaaaaall the way down and hers is only to her lower belly. Because I have pain in my hands almost daily upon waking, I piped up at her question, but I noticed that lots of other people have the exact same thing happen to their hands. My trouble is mostly in the am, but everyone else has trouble at the end of the day/evening. One person said to drink ginger tea, and another said that her friend (another Crohn's patient) has hand issues in the morning and she goes directly to the gym and works out and that makes it better. Now I know that when I work out regularly I have less trouble with my joints in general, but I don't notice that my hands are affected at all. I may try this if I'm able. I'm not what you'd call a morning person. I'm more like a wet cat in a paper bag, fumbling around pissy and disoriented. Maybe this is something I can try.
After the tour, eating, and the meeting I went shopping for groceries, etc. The food I ate hit me around 15 minutes later and was extremely painful for awhile. I found some liquid capsules of flax seed oil and also zinc. I should be able to digest those, and hopefully the oil will reduce my pain and suffering around mealtimes. The zinc is so I don't pick up any more colds! After using those Cold-eeze lozenges I'm sold on the stuff. I also picked up some totally cheap ass food! I've been to Copps, Cub, and Woodman's, and on price comparison a lot of the food was cheaper. And organic! Whole Foods has their own brand now which is still organic, etc... but dirt cheap. I got a big box of healthy cereal for 2.99. The milk is a bit more, but the veggies were seriously cheap. I got fresh, organic mushrooms for about half what I pay normally at Copps, and I buy a LOT of mushrooms, so I was impressed. I got some chili beef, doubly ground instead of triple (according to the meatcase adonis), and some canned goods, also cheap. I wish there was a Whole Foods nearer to me, but I guess if I'm going shopping once a week I can head over there after work and get what I need. I like the fact that they sell recycled products which are earth-friendly. I was heartened to see that a lot of what I already buy is organic and apparently up to their standards. All in all a good shopping venture.
I am worried about my honey. He's been getting bad headaches and his blood pressure is too high. He's a generally active, healthy dude, so it has to be stress. I want to help but I guess I don't know what else to do besides keep him calm, and maybe toss in a neck massage when I can. I was seriously worried that he was going to stroke and die the other night. I know I'm an alarmist because I've had too many people close to me die suddenly, but it scared the hell out of me when he said there was pain in his eye and the top of his head. I know aspirin helps with blood flow so I suggested that to him, and I'm glad he agreed to take some. I kept flashing on our time together and how much I care about him and how I would be crushed utterly if he suddenly keeled over with a stroke. It was a quick flashing but it was enough to freak me out. I am probably worrying unnecessarily but people die all the time, and I can vouch for how quickly and unexpectedly it can happen. My aunt Jackie, Scotty from the group home, my mom, and Trish all went suddenly and without warning and they were all younger than he is now. Yeah, I'm worrying here and that never helps anything but I still can't help but do it, and encourage him to fucking take it easy on himself at work already and go see the doctor before I give myself a coronary.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.