Ok, here's the situation. I made socks, and they're pretty, but not very good. I used a real cable on one of the blues, then a mock cable on the other, just to see what would happen. Well, they washed and one is a mite...stretchier than the other. Gah.
The orange multi-color ones I made are sweet all round but too small.
The lavender one, yes one, was great, but then I can't figure out how I did it to duplicate it.
I'm fucked. However, since these are gifts I LOVINGLY crafted then I'm sure I won't get complaints. Still, I'm kind of embarrassed that I spent so many hours on them and they are not perfect.
There will be them that say (ok I've been watching too much Firefly and I'm talking like a Joss Whedon character) that I should just be happy because after all the orange ones were the first socks I ever made in my life, and I have to learn as I go. Well, whatever. I want perfection, now!! =)
That's amazing! How do you do that? I used to knit a little when I was a child, but nothing like that. Wonderful. I'm sure the recipient will be grateful.
ReplyDeleteHi Stace. It took me a long time to get my confidence up enough to make socks. However, I found a great many articles and tips online and I realized I just had to jump in and do it. Knitting socks is fun! You should get back into it. =)
ReplyDeleteI am sure they will love the gift, more thoguht and feeling than anything else... Last time i tried sewing i sewed my socks together.... took hours before i could unpick them enought to get my foot back in.
ReplyDeleteHoly Hannah! That is amazing. I just don't have the patience for that kind of thing. But I admire those of you that do.
ReplyDeleteShake Shake Shake
ReplyDeleteShake you Booties.
Shelley, YOU are so multifaceted and interesting.
Sock it to me
Sock it to me
Sock it to me
Hey! You're not even old enough to remember Rowan & Martin's Laugh In?
Ohhm they look soo nice and warm. My nan could knit these, but not me :(
ReplyDeleteHomey I do not remember Laugh In as a current thing, but I saw reruns!
ReplyDeleteAidan - they did love them, woo! That's hilarious about you putting your socks together.
Laurie - ya, it takes patience but it's so much fun that it's not hard.
Cazzie - give it a try! I didn't know how to knit two years ago and now I'm making clothing that actual people will wear! You can if I can. =)