Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another angry rant

I don't know what it is lately but the news seems to get worse all the time. During my workday I listen to CNN radio breaks and I've heard I don't know how many reports about men who kill their entire families and then themselves. Why is this becoming so common all of a sudden? There have been and always will be cowards who abuse their families because we all know they have no dick, and that's what no-dick cowards do. They abuse their families. It seems though, that recently it's just gotten worse, and I'm not sure what that's about. Is it the state of our nation? Is it the unemployment rate? Is it that we are at war and hated all over the globe? Is it women's rights making already cowardly men feel even more threatened and then murderous? I really want the answers. It's been something that's been preying on my mind for a while now.

It's not something new. I heard about this guy, and thought maybe he was just nuts. I mean, he gets angry about a copier machine and gets ballistic? Ok. Psycho.

But really - I did a simple Google search about men who kill their families and I got literally thousands of hits. This is not uncommon, or as recent as I thought. We all remember the Texas shooter in the tower, and he killed his family before going on that rampage too, and that was back in 1966! That is hardly recent. I don't know. Maybe I'm just becoming more sensitive to it.

I think about the people with whom I've been involved and it occurs to me that I could have easily been in the newspaper for a minute one day when my ex-asshole-bastard killed me and what family we had, if I'd have stayed. Honestly though that isn't where I'm coming from. I'm just truly baffled about why there is so much violence against entire families by these men who are supposed to (if not love and care for them) at least not just blow them all away one day just for the fuck of it!

I know that violence against women and children is and has always been common, because cowardly assholes will always search for the easiest target. And no, I won't ever give an abuser the benefit of the doubt. No, I will not ever say he was confused or lost his temper once. No. All abusers are cowardly assholes who don't get a pass from me. Ever.

I still don't know why this is bothering me quite so much right now. I think it's the rising number of news stories that are casually thrown out on a daily basis. I hear this same story, over and over, about "Man kills family, then Self," it seems almost two or three times a week. A few weeks ago I heard a story and thought it was the same one being reported, but when I looked it up it was a new one. These are new and different numerous reports all the time.

Double-you, Tee, Eff?? This really bothers me. It's getting worse all the time, too. What is this a symptom of, whiny men who can't handle their lives? Well so fucking what, neither can we women, but we soldier on, goddammit! Whiny, infantile men who can't accept their wives' success, as in this Illinois man a little while ago?

Well grow the fuck up, assholes!! Why the fuck do these cowardly fucks feel so fucking threatened by women?? Is it the Christofascist Right who lies to them about where a woman belongs?? Is it this campaign to demonize feminism in the eyes of the unwashed masses?? I cannot believe that would cause all these men to murder their families.

Gah! I need a Valium.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's more common now or just that we hear about it more often - before mass media, this sort of thing was probably hushed up whenever possible- now we have the Vatican paying $660 million to continue covering the asses of pedophile priests...ugh. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the systematic coverup of pedophiles by the Catholic Church is a totally different thing from violence against women by their husbands/significant others and the murders of entire families by the men.
    It's sick, yes. But I don't think it's necessarily related except in a "dood, thatz fucked up" way.

    I think you're correct in that we hear more of the cases now because of mass media. Well, for one minute before Paris Hilton goes back into rehab again and bumps those stories to page 12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it women's rights making already cowardly men feel even more threatened and then murderous?

    I don't think that feminism actually has much effect as a motivator, although a Rush Limbaugh-provided cartoon version of feminism is probably one of the prominent excuses these guys will use.

    I think this kind of thing has always gone on a lot; to coin a phrase, I Blame The Patriarchy in which we live for sanctioning ideas of women and family as property of the male head of household.

    But beyond the fostering of such ideas by society, I think there's something just deep-down bad built into these men, and I don't think it's at all the same as some guy who loses his head one day. Abusers are distinctly different. There's something methodical and deliberate about it: abusers abuse because they really want to.

    If there were a reliable, accurate, somehow incorruptible test for identifying abusive personalities, I think there would be a pretty good argument for incarcerating them all for life.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.