But I hate fucking assholes who believe they have the right to harass people because of an invisible sky fairies. There's another blog that refers to these people as Godbags. Now, personally I don't give a rat's ass what a person believes as long as they a. don't force it on me, and b. don't use it as an excuse to hurt people.
Example for the week:
There is a man who lives in town here, and he was literally chased out of a public park on Friday for being gay. The man who did the chasing did it because (he said) he is Catholic and Catholics don't put up with fags. Did I mention to you yet that this gay man is a paraplegic with cerebral palsy and was in a fucking wheelchair? He was minding his own business and enjoying the weather and this asshole Godbag decided to run him out of a public fucking park.
After the man escaped and went home to call the police he phoned the GLBT network here and was told that it's happening more and more in our town, and especially in that park. Well, it makes me want to go to that park with a giant sign that says "Pick on someone who's not in a wheelchair, and watch her kick your ass, motherfucker!" and see what happens.
I'm so angry about this that I hardly know what to do. Some of my clients are gay, and others are straight. All of them have disabilities. I'm so sick of people deciding that these quality people deserve to be abused because they are lesser-abled. I've been in the field working with all types of people with differing disabilities for about 12 years. Not all of them look like they have problems. However, if someone is in a goddamn wheelchair, wouldn't it take an enormous fucking coward to attack him or her? Especially while screaming about being religious? This sickens me, and I feel like stalking masses around town until I find the fucker.
Religion leads people to evil acts. Period.
When ya think about it if Hitler had his way we wouldn't have any gays nor Jews in the world....
ReplyDeleteAnti Gay organisation and the Arabs would say that ain't a bad thing........
Kind of Ironic.......trying to justify the way people think!
That last line -- "religion leads people to evil acts" -- is bang on, I figure.
ReplyDeleteOf course what happened to this guy is a monstrosity of epic proportions.
The perpetrator you'd so like to hunt down is locked into his fear belief that is all about religion.
Godbag is right. When people have to do shit like this, it shows how stupid their belief system is.
Steve: Hi and thanks for commenting!
ReplyDeleteFuck Hitler. Fuck bigots.
That said, I don't believe "Arabs" can be lumped in with Anti-Gay or Anti-Semitic groups. I'm sure there are people in every ethnic population who don't like gays or Jews - but that's just because no matter where you look you'll be able to find assholes.
Within Without: Thanks for coming by! And ya - when you mix religion with fear you get violence towards those less able to defend themselves. It's utter shit!
I wonder how many of these pricks have ever sat down and truly spoken to a gay man/woman. People are people regardless of their orientation, we all wake up and worry about the same shit, jobs, money, cars or families. Just one like the intimate company of their own kind...
ReplyDeleteIt really cant be that difficult just to get along?
Aidan: It really is hard for people to just get along, when they are taught by their religious and political leaders to devalue certain people until they cease to be seen as human.
ReplyDelete