I awoke today with a cramping headache that told me the weather was bad, and it turned out that my car, my house, and my street were coated in ICE, and it wasn't getting better. I had a client to take out for groceries, and if she was going to eat I couldn't lie abed all day. I have the luckiness of having a fantastic, coffee-brewing, car-scraping honey who even warmed up the car while I showered, or I'd never have left the house.
I slid around the roads and got my appointment done just in time for the snow to begin in earnest. It's blizzarding now (and not in a fun, Warcraft kind of way), and I sincerely hope the ploughs come through before I have to leave the office.
The good news is that I made the most amazing chipotle-lentil soup last night, and besides the vegetarian hot dog pieces (don't ask) it's really damn good. I was going for the flavor of chorizo without actually putting that disgusting goo into my mix. I used a ton of chili powder and fresh garlic and onion, as well as cilantro and scallions. I added some brown rice to round it out and along with the Veracruz-style boiled egg I'm in tastebud heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.