"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
cardiac update!
I had my ICD checked today and indeed the batt'rie is on its last legs and needs to be replaced. My cardiologist is going to put in an entire new device, this time dual-chambered and Medtronic instead of Guidant. Apparently the Medtronic devices have a good record for dealing with upper chamber atrial fibrillation in patients with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Speaking of upper chambers, Dr. Vic is also going to add a lead to mine. Currently I only have one lead to my lower ventricle, and when all that shit went down in May they were unable to get a good read on what my heart was doing. My new lead will not be there for pacing, and instead will be to track activity so they can treat me better.
I go into Meriter Hospital on Wednesday, Oct. 5th around 9am, and will be there until Thursday Oct. 6th. My actual procedure will be around 11am on Wednesday, and I'm not sure how long it's supposed to take.
Dr. Vic says I can be back to work on Monday, or even a half-day on Friday if I'm up to it. I doubt I'll feel up to it, since I remember the last time all I wanted to do was sit with an ice pack on my chest and wallow in pain, whining about life. Hey that's not such a bad idea right now...
Just kidding. Actually I'm feeling just fine. I biked to the hospital this morning and then to work, and it is a beautiful day. My new boss says that his first official duty is to tell me "Don't die!" heheh - the look on my other co-worker's face was priceless. She doesn't realize that Alec and I have a sick sense of humor. =)
Ok! There's the scoop, and wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.