Tuesday, September 13, 2005

just like old times


I got an email last week from an old friend from high school. We were really good buddies for about three years, and even dated for what might have been 3 weeks (hehe) when I was 16.
The email:
Shelly,

Are you still at this email address? Hopefully you don't change email addresses as often as I do! I lost contact because I am a huge dumbass...I've been on the largest life rollercoaster I have ever been on. I want to catch up...

Please be at this last known address...

~ Tony

Sacramento, CA


So that was cool considering it's been years since I talked with him and we were such good friends. I spent a Thanksgiving or two at his family's house and just loved his mom and brothers & sisters.

We exchanged numbers and started playing phone tag. Finally last night I talked with him for over an hour. It's like we never lost touch. He's had hard times, sold his business, got sued because one of the partners broke the contract, wife left him & took his sons to another state, etc. He seems to be handling things well given the circumstances.
He was saying it was no big thing to lose everything because even when he had lots of money he was frugal with it. Anyone who thinks they're poor should see our old neighborhood, I told him, and he was in complete agreement. When we were in San Berdoo it was such a disgusting place to live. I'm glad we both got out.

I mentioned that I'm going to be in California next week and he's going to drive down to see me. He said the nicest thing last night- that all the time we spent together was something he always treasured in his heart and never forgot, even though we were just kids.

I just know that he was one of the best people I ever knew. I always thought about him once in a great while and hoped he was doing well. I always knew he'd have a family since he was always helping his single mom raise his brothers and sisters, and he loved it. I think it's part of why I never slept with him in all the time we hung out. *haha* I knew he'd be all in love and wanting to make little Tonys. He was to this day one of the best friends I ever had. I think it'll be really cool to see him.
He's driving down to San Diego (his little brother Adam lives there) and hopefully we'll get to hang out some.
OMG- Little brother Adam, btw- grew to be 6'9" and is a famous tattoo artist now. He was always so sweet. That whole family was nice. I asked Ton-E if he has a lot of tattoos and he doesn't even have one. He wants Adam to make him one that is special to him- that symbolizes their relationship and that can be a piece of art that comes from his heart. Who knows? Maybe he'll get one next week. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.