"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
in which I body sculpt
The workout this morning (6am!)was very tough, and we used a weighted bar, free weights, stretchy things, a bouncy ball for crunches (ow!) as well as an aerobics stepper for lunges and different exercises targeting all kinds of specific muscle groups. For a Whole Hour. Hmm...the woman this time was like a drill sargeant, and she had no mercy for my poor rotator cuffs (yeah, I have rotator cuffs, who knew?). I was able to do most of the exercises, except I noticed that I'm a lot weaker on my upper left side and I had to stop at just one part for a little bit, then I joined in again when I could. It's all done independently (vs. the weight machines that move together) so I'll probably gain strength on that side. I will want to go earlier to the gym next Tuesday and do a half hour of cardio before the toning stuff. I wasn't sure how tough it would be, but it's probably better to be warmed up so I don't fall off the damn bouncy ball again during the balancing stuff, and also my joints were really hurting just from holding the weights and doing push-ups. I should be working out every morning. I think I'll be much better off if I do. I want to do the Tu/Th classes too, but I need to go every day. The mirror in the gym was QUITE the motivator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.