Tuesday, April 11, 2006

makes ya think

Last night we went out for dolla-fitty margaritas, like every Monday, and also to celebrate the signing of my new apartment lease. Something has to go right, eh? Well, you know. It was great because we had our favorite bartender, Patrick, who had his own good news, that his company might have a nice new extremely lucrative contract to make a video. I hope that goes well for him.
Lesley and Darth Moll showed up, and I always like hanging with them. Of course my honey was there, and I love seeing him too. We had drinks, and talked and had a good time and then out of nowhere my head exploded into another full-blown migraine. I wasn't able to drive home, and again, Bill had to take care of me. Wtf? I don't know if it's meds, or hormones, or what, but this sucks! We got back to my place, and I had him give me a straight shot of tequila. That was amazing - it worked like a charm. Pain backed off, and I even kept it down. Sometimes when I've treated a migraine with shots of alcohol they don't always stay in my stomach. I actually felt better though. I even felt ...snuggly...shall we say. Then I passed out.
I had really amazing fucking dreams. I went to another dimension via a purple-light machine, and visited an alternate London. I was freaked out and came home again, but then wanted to see this other dimension a second time. When I spotted the purple machine lighting up again, I jumped on and went for it. There were old-timey buildings but cobblestone streets. Everyone was dressed in sort of Edwardian-Punk, Mad Max meets LOTR. Minus the fucking elves.
Anyway. It was really interesting and fun, and there were some punk kids who were protecting me from the "man" I guess, who was looking for me because I was a stranger, although I don't believe anyone knew that I was actually from an alternate world. It was so cool. I was down at the ocean, and there were some people out there harvesting I don't know what, the memory is fuzzy now, but I'm thinking it was stone dragon heads. No idea what that was about, but I was helping in the dream. I had to hide in a crowd of homeless people, all around fires and things, and these kids shuttled me from place to place, keeping me from being caught.
We were hanging around this bar, and there was a guy outside playing guitar. We were supposed to work for him for some kind of payment - the money was different than I've seen before. I'm not sure what we had to get but it was some kind of gem? maybe. I don't know. We went into the bar and it was Deadwood/Mad Max dress. There was an old-timey barkeep woman, in leather with ruffley (sp?) lace and she was serving drinks. When I came out of the bar is when I noticed the streets and buildings being so different and I tried in the dream to explain it to my new friends. They didn't understand what I was talking about. I told them that I'd been to London many times in my world, and it's WAY different! I mean, cobblestone streets! I think that's about the time I woke up and started telling this to Bill. Well, almost woke up. I thought I might have been awake but now I'm doubting it. He said I was giggling like mad, and trying to explain these streets, and it was around 6am. Weird! So I probably was not awake.
There was another part of the dream where we were in a store, and there were wax (?) heads in various states of growth, in little terrariums or somesuch. Not that wax grows, but in the dream it did. All the heads were purple. Don't they say that people are supposed to only dream in black and white? Apparently I dream in purple. I wonder what that means. Probably nothing. Hmm. At least it was a kickass fun dream and not scary or a nightmare. The tequila is probably to blame for the weirdness. I should drink more of it before bed. I'd make a fortune off writing the stories I dream up. Well, as long as I recall them enough to get them down on paper, or blog. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.