"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Monday, April 03, 2006
this weekend
...was pretty good. Yesterday it rained like a motherfucker and I got soaked leaving Stu and Ciaren's. We gamed, and crocheted, and basically had a good time. My character isn't doing much right now, because she needs to research a spell so she can make it in reverse. I'm sort of useless right now, game-wise. Actually I could be considered useless otherwise too! Ha! Ok maybe not. My problem isn't that I'm not needed, it's that I overcommit myself. I clocked almost 90 hours the last 2 weeks, just in overtime. I worked at least one night until after 7:30 (in the office) and another night I did a five-hour training in CPR. I don't get to count either of those times anywhere; instead I just have flex time. Of course we're glared at when we flex too much, because that means we're not in the office. Whatever. bitch,bitch,whine,complain. I can very much complain, perhaps, because I've applied to four new jobs now in the past week or so. Two of them today. Who knows if I'll get anything, but you know I would certainly like a raise. I don't WANT to work 90 hours to see only $500 on my paycheck. It's lame and wrong. I'd make more as an RSS. I'd be tied down to regular hours, but I'd certainly be paid more. I used to only do on-call work,and it did pay better than what I'm doing now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.