To whom it may concern: 1-25-07
On December 4th, 2006 I went to a tanning bed and as I got dressed was spied on over the wall. I looked up and saw someone there and screamed. He got down and went about using his own bed like nothing had happened, and when the women of the salon confronted him he treated it like a joke. Well it's not a joke to me.
I am using chemotherapy treatment for chronic illness. Tanning improves my health by easing the pain caused by medical side effects. I haven't been able to go back to the salon since December 4th because I've been scared that the defendant will be waiting there to get revenge, and I can't go to another salon because I'm scared that this will happen again with someone else spying on me. I've lost money because I haven't been able to use my tanning package, and I've lost my sense of well-being because I don't feel safe doing my regular activities. I hope that one day I can feel safe enough to use a tanning bed again, because it is so helpful to my recovery and my state of mind.
I'd like Mr. Stevenson to pay for my unused tanning package, which was approximately $60. I'd also like for him to be on probation, so that he will not be tempted to spy on anyone else. I also feel that he could benefit from community service or counseling because he didn't seem to think this was very serious, and that indicates a problem or maybe just a general disrespect for women. What if this had been his mother? What if this had been his sister?
Spying on women while they are naked and vulnerable isn't a joke. Mr. Stevenson is not a child and needs to understand that what he did has been very upsetting to me and detrimental to my health. I want Mr. Stevenson to know that I hope he has learned from this situation and will never do anything like this again.
Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.