Sunday, October 30, 2005

die rolling for fun and profit!


Yeah well we were in Calabria tonight, and Carey had us immediately clean off the erasable gaming map and get chits ready to represent. Yo.

So that was exciting because everything would indicate some sort of melee engagement needing a marching order.

Carey: set a marching order everyone!

*grins all round cause we know what's coming*

Carey: No, really! No reason at all! It's just good to have a clear space and defined order, really!

*snickers*

Cack: I'm casting a spell.

Carey: All right! That sounds like initiative to me, Roll It!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And so it began. Wounded guy on side of road - doesn't want a heal....Hmm....turns down a Pally heal and won't let the Claire Witch tend his wounds? Would that be because...um....he's maybe faking?? So the Pally does a detect evil and voila! Senior Not-So-Wounded was evil. I say was because well, we killed him. Well, no, not us exactly - but Cack's shapeshifting Familiar, Ezelon, turned into a huge dire bear and ate him. She's actually quite lawful and good, but she hates liars and this guy was totally full of shit. It's really too bad that Cack ended up whacking the pregnant girlfriend too - but they were shooting repeating crossbows at us every couple of rounds!! They fucking SHOT my servant's mount. Anyone who shoots a horse gets it.

I actually whacked two banditos in one spell, Ice Storm. Wow, nice. First time I've gotten to use it, and the bardly one Rafe was trying to KS me when I picked up five six-siders and started to roll them around in my hands. He saw the amount of damage I was going to inflict within a 20 ft. radius (basically 40 feet wide and 40 feet high of pelting massive ice chunks) and he just stepped back and held action. My spell was instantaneous and again, voila! The Claire Witch had taken out two for one and added banditos to her list of kills.

OMG - Prince Kelvin went and picked a fight with a half-orc fighter with a magical falchion, and just about bit the big one. After I finished off the two on my side of the fight I went over to help him out. He was poisoned and taking lots of damage on the front and back swings - how'd he get poisoned? Well hell - he's the prince, he's poisoned like every other freaking day by someone with a claim to the throne. So I hit the half-orc with some Magic Missiles - which is just super cool right now because I have a caster level of 7 Wizard, even though I don't have the practical levels to back that up. That means the missiles keep adding up even though I'm in a prestige class and not taking Wizard anymore. Right now I have four at a time, and they are 1d4 + 1 damage each missile. And they don't miss. Ever.

We didn't end up killing the half -orc, but I did um..bewilder and awe the half orc into submission using my Allure mesmerization spell-like ability. I can turn it on or off at will, and if a person makes their Will save then they are immune to my flowery freshness for 24 hours. I mesmerized most of the group but smacked them out of it. If I give them any damage whatsoever then they do snap out of it, and are immune for that 24 hours. I end up slapping people alot because my levels increase and that spell gets super hard to resist.

We killed most of the banditos and sent the bardly one and the roguely one to go check out the hideout. The ones we missed had already gone back and thus we missed them again, and did not get loot. The half orc is on a mission to redeem himself and get his weapon back (jesus, one point would have killed him off, what a waste of space) ~ and the Prince Kelvin was really really fucked when he cast a Psionic power. All of his powers started going off randomly and he was in information overload. The poison was the culprit and it ended up that he had a sword that was rigged to let some kind of weird psionic poison out through the hilt when a person was fighting. He got quite the dose. We figured it out and fixed him. I think.

Basically our entire night was fighting bandits on the road and then figuring out was the fuck was wrong with Kelvin. Well, what *else* was wrong with Kelvin. =P ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.