I think I'm finally over it. I stopped sweating, my head stopped pounding without the aid of pills every two hours, and what's that I feel? Horny? Yep! I think she's cured!! HA. It must have been the right choice to keep myself home for the day.
I watched Peggy Sue Got Married with the younger, thinner Kathleen Turner, and Nic Cage, who omg looked about 17. Little Sophia Coppola was in it as well - she was definitely not a day over 14. What a great flick. I used to watch it over and over again on vhs way back when. I was always half in love with that beatnik poet Peggy Sue goes on a date with, then ends up sleeping with. There's always one guy in high school...beautiful, unattainable, and whom every girl secretly wants.
In my high school it was Al. I never saw him date anyone until college. Then he was seriously out of the closet, and I saw my dreams dashed. I wondered if he had noticed my awestruck adoration for so many years. I must have been like a puppy - at one point I noticed that he smelled better than any boy I'd ever hugged, so I snuck into his shower to see what shampoo he used. I'm 31 and I *still* use that same shampoo. HA!
Part of my adoration stemmed from him pulling me from the bottom of our friend Glen's pool and saving my life. Buuuuuuuut...I was in love for years before that, even. At first sight, you might say.
I look at pictures now and wonder wtf I was thinking...he's as flaming as a lit match, skinny enough to break in half with two pinkies, but, well...still pretty gorgeous actually. That black wavy thick hair and those expressive spanish eyes... Hmmm...at least I had good taste. He and I stayed in touch for years after I moved away, but I haven't seen or spoken to him a long time now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.