Friday, July 07, 2006

disturbing.

I was looking at another blogger's site where he was discussing the misinformation regarding Planned Parenthood's founder, Margaret Sanger. It's all over, and the anti-choice movement has been using it for years. That made me think of the anti-feminist movement and their use of Susan B. Anthony's anti-abortion stance to sell their agenda. I've heard their arguments for years as I volunteered at clinics in California and Minnesota, and worked for PP, NARAL, and WomanCare. I for one, think that enforces the pro-choice argument more than anything else. If a known feminist is anti-choice, isn't that her right to choose that? Convoluted- don't hit me. What I mean to say is..if Susan B. Anthony chose to not have an abortion, can't these other folks do the same? Don't like it, don't have one, right? I get really frustrated with the idea that if one feminist is against abortion, then all feminists had better follow the same tack. The same can be said for atheists. The Christians say that one atheist says he is anti-choice and so the rest of us should follow. Doesn't that go against the general tenet of liberal thought? We don't all follow the same line of thinking, and it's that which makes us able to be individual, yet together. I believe that we can all be different and still support the same causes, which may include feminist ideals. Still again, they may not. See where I'm going with this? Hm. Ideas for a Friday. Ponder and get back to me.

--
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." -John Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.