Ex-cellent party last night. I sent out a lot of invitations, and most of the people showed up, to my everlasting surprise. There was a lot of margarita drinking, and great chatter. A lot of people who had never met were talking happily under flowery strings of lights on my windowed porch and fire escape. I pointed the smokers to the fire escape to save them the trouble of walking up and down the stairs every time they needed a fix. I would have been okay with them lighting up on the porch too, but apparently my friends are too polite for that. I can dig it.
I was just so glad everyone showed up, had a great time, and stayed too long. The ultimate sign of a great 'do. I got a great movie from Netflix called "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter," and one of my friends popped it in later on when things got a little calmer. I could NOT believe how hilariously stupid that movie was. It gets extra points for being so cheezeball.
I overdid the activity as far as my poor foot was concerned. I've been babying it since the x-ray on Monday, and I was supposed to start rehab on it today. I was at court in the morning, then at work all day, and then shopping for supplies for the party. Suckage. The past few days I've had less swelling when I wake in the morning, but today it was as swollen as ever. I did try the rehab exercises, and now am icing it once again. I have no idea how long it's going to take to heal up, but I'm getting impatient for a bike ride. The weather has been beautiful and I want to be out in it.
--
"Divorce is not caused because 50% of marriages end in gayness." -John Stewart
Woo, I watched Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter a few weeks ago as well! It was so cool, though. I mean, ultra-B, but so much better than any Troma tripe. It had a musical scene and everything.
ReplyDeleteGood ol' proper B movie. ;)
And yay for parties! \o/