Tuesday, July 11, 2006

grim reaper

Unflinching wasp-killer am I~!

Ok. I flinched a LOT. But I did the deed.

When I went out to drive my CRX to the gas station yesterday (I'm trying to sell it, helps to have enough gas to test drive), I closed the driver's side door and all these wasps came flying out of the mirror right at my face, like something out of a movie. I started screaming and rolled the window up as fast as humanly possible, then rolled up the passenger window as fast as humanly possible, then I GUNNED the car down the street. Jesus! There was a nest in the driver's side window! Well, I was shaking too badly to do anything except go around the block and re-park across the street. I got out the passenger side and just headed for the bar in the OTHER car. Definitely time for drinks, in this case dolla-fitty margaritas. After soothing my shattered nerves with food and drink I went home and got out the wasp spray. The can told me that it will shoot up to 22 feet away(!) but I was still waffling around when Bill rode up on his bike. I made him stand there with me while I got up the nerve to finally shoot the nest. I soaked that fucker until Bill told me to quit, already, and this morning when I moved the mirror I saw a stack of wasps like you wouldn't believe, and an empty (HUGE) nest behind it.
:::breathe:::
Later before the woman comes to see the car I am going to hose the nest out of the window along with all the dead wasps, and hopefully this NEVER FUCKING HAPPENS AGAIN. My heart cannot take it.

--
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

4 comments:

  1. I hate wasps. I get stung on a regular basis and LOVE killing wasps at every available opportunity.
    Your story warmed my heart. I love to watch them writhe in convulsions as the foam encircles their evil little horrible f*cking monstrous bodies!!!!!DIE! DIE! DIE!
    You can add mosquitoes, sandflys, and horseflys to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DIE!DIE!DIE! (I love it.)

    I hosed the dead bodies out last night and that was an amazingly gratifying experience.

    I agree with the additions to the list. For some reason I always get nailed by those suckers more than anyone else. I am a lover of the inside moments of summer.

    :::grin:::

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasps....*shudder* Can't stand those pesky lil' buggers (not to mention that a single sting would kill me--evil bastages!!) Glad you managed to escape unscathed and took revenge on 'em. Insect Poison/Spray ROCKS!!

    Keep me in the loop on the Bristol plans, Chiquita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got stung once by a wasp. I was cycling, going down a col in France at 70 km/h, so I couldn't let go off the handlebars. They truly are evil bastages.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.