Thursday, October 26, 2006

More with the anti-choice FUCKS.

They want to judge women who have abortions and call them murderers without caring why the women got the abortion? Fuck them, I hope they can handle the TRUTH.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was 21, got pregnant while I was in an abusive relationship, and the abuse got worse when "he" found out I was pregnant. I thought it would change things since at first he really wanted the baby, but he continued to beat me severely and still expected me to work two jobs (plus side bartending gigs) to support him while exhausted, bruised, and carrying his child. I started using crystal meth amphetamines in order to keep my jobs, and became further isolated because of all the stress and strain.
I told him I wanted to abort the baby because I was so physically ill and unable to cope, and he didn't seem to care as long as he was taken care of.
A co-worker took me down to get the funding from the state to pay for the abortion because I had no money, and barely could afford the bus fare to get to work, since my abuser stole all my money, including tips I made, and then would beat me for being so stupid as to not have any money.
I needed proof of pregnancy so I went to what turned out to be a CPC - and there I was verbally abused and told I was going to burn in hell if I decided to get an abortion. I don't know how those people get away with that - but compared to what I was already dealing with at home from my abuser they were small potatoes. I got the proof and got out of there.
I went down to the local clinic and it wasn't busy that day, thank goodness. The people did an ultrasound and the fetus was 11 weeks (this I knew) and male. I knew the choice I made to abort probably saved my life, because the abuse was getting so much worse every day that I was pregnant. I hear the stats about pregnant women being abused more often, and I can attest to that with my experience.

After the procedure I went into heart failure and it became known later that had I carried to term I most likely would have died from a rare heart condition I didn't even know that I had.

After I was finished aborting my baby I felt such a sense of relief that I would not be tied to my abuser for the rest of my life because of a child I never intended to conceive. I was able to eat again (I'd become anorexic and malnourished), and I put my abuser in jail and left him and didn't look back.

I know this is hard to understand but I felt alone and was unable to do anything but SURVIVE. If that makes me a murderer to the rest of you then I have nothing else to say except that you can take a flying leap. Until you've been in MY shoes, don't you DARE to judge me. I'm not ashamed of saving my own life over the life of a baby that would have killed me one way or another. I'm lucky to be alive and to have been able to escape that situation semi-intact.

That's all I have to say about that.

--
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. Props to you for sharing your story of courage and triumph. Definitely demonstrates that these issues are far from black and white, and closed-minded judgemental people should not be making decisions regarding them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela-

    I think that any person who is against abortion should not have one, but then should also not stop anyone else from making her own decisions about it.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.