I seems like quite some time since I've done a simple update about my life. It's hard to say what's the important versus the who gives a shit contingent, but in this case I'll toss it all out there and y'all can pick and choose. Comments are optional. Snarky comments are forbidden unless you like my boot in yer arse. My fabulous, autumn leather short boot, which matches my jacket and bag. I rock. Heh.
The man and I are in process of combining households, and it seems like it's taking forever. I don't want to get impatient to have it done, but I still find myself impatient to have it done, you know? If it was any other man but this one I would think that he isn't serious about co-habitating. I was serious when I said that reading "He's Just Not That Into You," by Greg Berendt changed my life forever. If a man doesn't want to do something, he'll drag his feet and if he's not into you, then he'll ACT like it. I refuse to spend time on the ones that aren't into me. So, like I said, if this was any other man but this one I would believe he wasn't serious and kick him the fuck out. But! This one's good and he loves me, and there's the issue of space and shelving, and we're working to resolve it so he has someplace to put his stuff. Right now he's got some plastic-y tacky drawer things in the computer room and that's GOT to change. We're working on organizational things so that we can properly get domesticated. I realize all of this, but I'm still feeling snarky sometimes. I'm working on my attitude.
Besides the man moving in, there's another new face in the house, even if it is hidden by the futon, or the boxes, or the bed, because she's been hidden since she was brought in. This new cat is still in panic mode and I've got multiple scratches to prove it. We got her on Saturday from Shelter from the Storm, and she was named Sweet Pea. We promptly re-named her D'arby. She's pretty cute, with tabby/tortie coloring and huge green eyes. If you didn't look closely she'd trick you into thinking you were seeing a rabbit. Last night and the night before she woke us up at 4am with her crying. I figured she was hungry and/or thirsty because of all the hiding and none of the eating and drinking. I had the man move the food & water closer to where she was standing and crying (she'd move when we got up), but she didn't partake until Xerox went over and began to eat. I guess she was like "ohhhhh so THAT'S what that is..." and stopped crying and ate. I heard her batting the food around in the metal bowl, so hopefully food and quiet mellows her out.
Next up I've lost about 12 pounds with Weight Watchers, and I'm going to keep losing until I'm NOT in the large women sizes anymore. I remember when I was thin I was pushing the boundaries of the regular sizes as it was...because my frame is so large. A six-foot Amazon can't get away with wearing normal women clothing. I used to wear men's pants mostly, but now Old Navy has the longer ones and they even come in boot-cut, so I will have somewhere to shop. No more fucking Lane-Fat-Fucking-Women-Bryant . It's like they don't sell anything but butt-ugly tents for fat chicks. PLUS even that stuff is too short for me. Bastards. But enough negativity, I'm only interested in feeling better and getting some of the pressure off my joints. Oh, and looking good nekkid. Heh.
That brings me to my next point...I have been cooking these huge pans of healthy foods that can be separated for lunches, and I'm eating better now than if I went out to eat. I love cooking, and it's a fun challenge to make KICK ASS food that I don't have to feel crappy about eating. I made some enfrijoladas a couple of weeks ago, and they were YUMMY. They made a million or so lunches and they never got tired or old. Then I made a pan of lasagna with whole wheat noodles and three kinds of mushrooms and it was totally low fat and really GREAT. So last night I made a mexican tortilla casserole with fat free tortillas, beans, veggie cheese, and some spicy sausage. Of course I forgot the damn thing at home and I have no lunch now, but I can't wait to try it. I find it much easier to eat healthy when I plan ahead. It helps that I enjoy cooking the way I do. I can find a thousand ways to make something taste good without all the calories. I've just never been serious before. It's working and that's the important thing.
I am enjoying the change in level of activity as well. I've been going to the gym a lot more, and biking when I get the chance (and it's warm enough!) The cold weather makes my arthritis ache like hell and supposedly weight training is good for joint pain. My hands hurt in the cold, and right now my back is stiff. Some folks in my Crohn's disease support group see a rheumatologist but I haven't made that step yet. I'm taking flax seed oil and vitamin e capsules along with my other vitamins and I think it will help. It has to, because I MUST knit now that the weather is colder.
Which brings me to my next point: knitting . I've done almost two complete pair of fingerless mittens, and I have LOTS more to go before I stop (around June when it's too hot to continue). In addition to the mittens I'm working on a sweater (almost done), a shawl (partly done), and I'm planning a vest for some dutchie so he won't be cold on his bike. I have some fabulous Shetland wool that I recycled that will keep him very warm. I don't know about a zipper though. It may be a button-down , or a pullover . I'm not so sure of my mad skills yet. Plus I need his measurements, and TIME. No, not those measurements, I need his exact numbers for neck, and shoulder, and chest, arms and waist. There's no other way to do a vest unless you know how big to go.
So that's my update. I'm sure my life will be a lot busier in the weeks to come, but for now this is what I choose to deal with. :)
--
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain
WoW that is a lot of schtuff!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your redirection and positive vibrations...extra blet holes...scaredy cats..and knit witting!
Isn't funny how things start to happen if you take that first step...
like the T Shirt I saved last week:
Top Ten Reasons I Procrastinate
1.
HAHA! That is a great t-shirt, HE.
ReplyDeleteMany thanks on the congrats ~ I'm going to keep going in the positive direction, hopefully! (so to speak) hehe.
*shaking head* That shirt...so funny!
Heh...that shirt is great! I saw one in the 'brary the other day that said "Procrastinators UNITE...tomorrow" *wink* Gotta love it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the new kit-kat, the ventures in healthy cooking and the abso-fabulous weight loss. Lookin' feelin' good, Girlfriend! HUZZAH