Monday, October 09, 2006

what I had to say to those anti-choice fucks

It's amazing what passes for humor these days. This is like all the black jokes we're supposed to smile at when an uncle at the family reunion starts telling them.

Still and all I would have to say to him, or anyone else who confuses humor with offensive material - Not funny. I might see the point if it had any resemblance to any real person or anything that any real person might contemplate...you know, like how it would be satiric to talk about conservatives preying on children and other conservatives covering it up. Now that's hilarious.


Wow, it's really amazing that so many conservatives talk about being pro-life, and then vote for people like Tom Delay who votes to protect business interests in the Marianas Islands who force their employees to have abortions or lose their jobs in the sweatshops so we can buy our "american made" clothes at a cut rate at Walmart.

Hypocritical once again.

As a clinic supporter I have witnessed all types of protesters over the years, and the ones we could respect were the Catholics who stood across the street with their life-sized Mary cut out. I guess they were praying the rosary- we just saw them on their knees for hours. We'd get bagels donated to us from some locals (in one area in San Diego) and we always offered some to the Catholics across the street. They always seemed like nice people, even if they disagreed with what the women in the clinic were doing. Praying doesn't hurt anyone.

I'm just an escort for safety purposes- it's hard for a woman to go to a clinic for any type of procedure, abortion or otherwise, be barraged by crazies jumping on top of them with giant pictures of bloody fetuses. That never works on anyone- it just makes them hurry faster AWAY...And I've seen some of the crazier ones screaming after old men with canes going into the same building for physical therapy! It doesn't really build my trust in their purpose (or intelligence!)

I for one respect people who are across the street peacefully praying or protesting, since I'm the one in charge of protecting women from people who have proven to be anything but!

--
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. OUCH!
    Wow what brought this on..are you listening to the Boomtown Rats..I don't like Mondays..
    I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks HE. I was terribly upset yesterday and pissed at the world.

    I read a "satire" on a blog (dawn patrol, go figure) about how much pro-choice people really have a race agenda and want to kill all the colorful babies. I commented even though I know I can't argue with stupidity. Of course I got "moderated" and the comments were pulled.

    I went home and then got some margaritas. Life is better today. Thanks for commenting, HE, and good luck with getting the Cernadian blogger award. :)

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.