Tuesday, March 20, 2007

for awaiting

The little striped butt,
climbing up to see who's in her window spot:
oh fuck.

She'd meow but for the effort it would take.
He's there! He's there! She says...
oh fuck.

Run away! Faster in case he was looking!
But you know, casually - to save her feline dignity.
Tripped over the floor.
oh fuck.

But maybe, she thinks...
maybe if she mounts the cat tree from the left side or right...?
Cause he was only in the middle the last time.
oh fuck.

What oh what is a cat with a little striped butt supposed to do?
Where is she to turn for her window comfort?
She'll run back! He left, she knows it!
Up, up up to the tree and her window!
oh fuck.

4 comments:

  1. This poem,
    which I have titled F-Cat,
    was written for Awaiting wasn't it?

    This would make one hell of a Children's Book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. F-Cat. I like it. :) Yes, I wrote it for Awaiting after she commented about poems and eff bombs in the last posting.

    Children's books...hmm...I never thought of myself as being kid-oriented, but I could start.

    Heh. Now I'm reminded of Tim Robbins holding up a drawing of a circle in that movie..."You know, for kids!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just yesterday I looked over at my cat sleeping in the sunlight on the windowsill, not a second later my other cat walked up and slapped her a few times in the head, she jumped down and the other bully cat took her place and fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe. :)

    Cats are so funny. I will never cease to be amazed.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.