
Isn't this a great picture? My dad (who is also a pilot) loves planes; where do you think I got it? :) When I was a kid they used to take us out to Miramar for air shows with the Blue Angels and the family was always afraid I would start crying from the booms, but I never did.
My dad lives in San Diego so I don't get to see him except about once a year. That's pretty criminal considering he's the only parent I've got living and he's just a great guy in general. I'm going to have to do something about that. Ok that sounds like I'm going to bump him off. No! I'm going to have to visit him more often, is what I meant. He's past 60 now and not getting younger. Besides that he loves bacon and probably won't live to be 90. Plus, he has a temper the same as I do and I'm sure it doesn't help his blood pressure.
Anyway it looks like he had a great time at an air show while the man and I were out having fun at Devil's Lake this weekend.
So you inherited your intolerance for stupidity from the Old Man eh?
ReplyDeleteI would love to be a pilot but NOT during a War...
I say this after watching he Dogfights series from WW1, WW2 and Vietnam on the History channel.
Since I am turning 50 this year , 60 doesn't sound as ancient as it did when I was your age. However, you will probably regret not having spent more time once you are in the that sweet place that we call Hindsight.
Life is very strange and most of us live in long stretches of monotonous boring repetitive familiarity that are interspersed between brief periods of horror and calamity.
Do you two ever talk on the phone?
You are lovely, Shelley...and your dad is a lucky guy to have you has his daughter.
ReplyDelete:-)
Hehe :) Yes, Homey - I got my attitude (problem) from my old man.
ReplyDeleteI agree - when I've got a boyfriend over 50 I've got no business calling over-60 old. But! My mom died at 50 so I'm more sensitive to that sort of thing. And, you've got a WHOLE NUTHER 6 months until you're 50 so enjoy it!! =)
My dad and I do talk on the phone, but not too much. I'm not one to chatter on the horn.
Chris: Thanks, you're so sweet. :) And, you understand when I say how much I love my dad, considering how much you love yours. It means so much more when they are such complicated people and we love them anyway! *hugs*
Oh yeah, Chris. NICE BEAVER.
ReplyDelete