So, yep! This is what I'm using - the dvd for dummies version. I'm proud to say that I've learned enough chords to be in a band! Well, a BAD ONE. It's harder to sing along than I previously thought. And, my fingers HURT. Damn!Otherwise life is good - the BF and I got back to the gym and I'm "...feeling stronger evvvvery day!" (Name that tune, Homey!) ;)
Work is okay - nothing is really stressing me out which is a good thing. I have been in the throes of a weird antibiotic-Crohn's pain icky bout all day so about 3pm I had to leave work and pass out until another round of cramps and pain and not leaving the bathroom.
But! The reason I had to take antibiotics is because I went for my regular dental cleaning and I got another pass from the doctor!!

No cavities!! I'm really diggin that. No visits until December. Wahoo!
OK I had 2 initial thoughts:
ReplyDeleteA Chicago or
B James Taylor obviously bragging to Carly about his weiner
"Tell me how much longer
It can grow stronger every day
How much longer"
Best song about goin' to the Dentist EVER!
"Take it to the doc, I guess he ought to know,
La, da, da, da, da.
Which ones can stay, which ones gotta go.
La, da, da, da, da.
He looks in my mouth and then he starts to gloat.
He says my teeth are O.K.,
But my gums got to go.
Oh oh ...
I come off the gas but I'm still seeing spies,
Aching to get me.
I can see them all through a glassy pair of eyes,
Aching to get me.
De Sade's gonna live in my mouth tonight,
La, da, da, da, da,
And the rotten tooth fairy is satisfied,
La, da, da, da, da,
Aching to get me, get me oh"
UNFINISHED SWEET by Alice Cooper
Badda-Bing! You do not disappoint, my friend. You got it in one. Chicago!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! De Sade's gonna live in my mouth tonight - GREAT lyric.
I have sensitive teeth and they totally ached last night from the cleaning, although I didn't have much scraping thanks to my excellent brushing habits.
The song I learned last night is called "Jamaica Farewell" and it was done, apparently, by Harry Belafonte. It's a really nice song, and the BF was able to sing it IN TUNE this morning, which is a rare thing.
/grin
Now you just need to knit a guitar case to combine the hobbies:)
ReplyDeleteKudos, for getting back to the gym, good effort... I dont like gyms the amount of spandex causes fear...
I think it needs to be said though.... about the guitar..." If you keep picking that thing it will never heal" :)
Spandex?? I said GYM, not health club. This is an old-fashioned, professional weightlifter & boxers gym. There is no spandex in sight. THANK GOD. And it's cheaper than the other places so that regular folk from the neighborhood go there. And, they have rock star parking for bikes. Ha!
ReplyDelete