You also need a Truthiness warning! I have a neighbour who is on the censorship board for rating films. Up here in Canadistan we are far more lenient on letting youngsters see boobs but the whole system is still out of whack (no pun intended)
Why Censors ever believed that letting young boys see faceless humans blown to smithereens or machine gunned into oblivion was healthier than seeing 30 second shot of a sweet set of bare boobs being massaged in a committed and caring short term monogamous setting was beyond me.
The Censors have inadvertently justified violence as a legitimate recourse for problem solving. I think that the murder rates and incidents of gun violence in the USA accurately reflect this decision.
The whole system is fercoct now anyway thanks to the supremecy of video games and online porn. Most 'rents don't even realise that making movies is a form of advertising for the video game. Little timmy spends $7 bucks (1hr45min)on the movie and $70 (infinity)on the game...HELLO!!!
In this day and age little timmy can see more porn on the screen in his bedroom in one half hour than I could have rounded up in the construction crew workcamp that I lived in back in 1978. ..now that is scary!
btw Is it too nerdy to admit recognising the Trekie thingamabob?
This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:
* fucking (12x) * porn (2x) * fuck (1x)
That's all??? pshaw!!
Homey - I don't subscribe to Truthiness...just the Truth!! ...as I see it...
And I agree with you completely! How violence gets the nod over friendly nudity I'll never understand. I think it does directly correlate to the amount of violence in this country as a whole. This morning our houseguest was watching Starship Troopers and I just had to laugh at the ridiculous, over the top violence. It was so bad it was funny. =P
Hi, Thanks for the visit- I love your blog... you know how much damage a 9th level MM causes (learned on pen and paper, I hope!)...I am an unpaid default admin at a non-profit...it requires many saving throws, so I feel your hit points...er, pain.
(I'm NC-17 too, more than twice as much 'fucking' as 'killing'...yeah!)
And yes, *standing proudly before you with dice in hand* I learned to roll for damage as early as age 8 while listening to Queen on 45 records. I still play V3.0 D&D nearly every Sunday with the group I've gamed with for the past 6 years. It's a blast!
You're in the non-profit sector too, huh? No wonder your blog is NC-17. ;)
Christine: Shit yeah! I wonder why they didn't flag me more for content. I noticed they picked the labels, too, which were used ironically in that case, even. I used the label "porn" and it was for a 300 parody trailer. *sigh* I guess the rating system is as arbitrary as the NCAA.
NC-17?
ReplyDeleteNot... NCC-1701?
Fuck those lame-ass fucks. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about.
AHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
ReplyDelete*gets back up off the floor after laughing like a mad-woman*
Thanks, Honey - now my co-workers have that final proof that I'm mentally deficient.
your images never load on my screens at work....:(
ReplyDeleteAidan - that sucks! No instant gratification for joo! ;)
ReplyDeleteYou also need a Truthiness warning!
ReplyDeleteI have a neighbour who is on the censorship board for rating films.
Up here in Canadistan we are far more lenient on letting youngsters see boobs but the whole system is still out of whack
(no pun intended)
Why Censors ever believed that letting young boys see faceless humans blown to smithereens or machine gunned into oblivion was healthier than seeing 30 second shot of a sweet set of bare boobs being massaged in a committed and caring short term monogamous setting was beyond me.
The Censors have inadvertently justified violence as a legitimate recourse for problem solving. I think that the murder rates and incidents of gun violence in the USA accurately reflect this decision.
The whole system is fercoct now anyway thanks to the supremecy of video games and online porn. Most 'rents don't even realise that making movies is a form of advertising for the video game. Little timmy spends $7 bucks (1hr45min)on the movie and $70 (infinity)on the game...HELLO!!!
In this day and age little timmy can see more porn on the screen in his bedroom in one half hour than I could have rounded up in the construction crew workcamp that I lived in back in 1978. ..now that is scary!
btw Is it too nerdy to admit recognising the Trekie thingamabob?
This rating was determined based on the presence of the following words:
ReplyDelete* fucking (12x)
* porn (2x)
* fuck (1x)
That's all??? pshaw!!
Homey - I don't subscribe to Truthiness...just the Truth!! ...as I see it...
And I agree with you completely! How violence gets the nod over friendly nudity I'll never understand. I think it does directly correlate to the amount of violence in this country as a whole. This morning our houseguest was watching Starship Troopers and I just had to laugh at the ridiculous, over the top violence. It was so bad it was funny.
=P
This gets its own comment:
ReplyDeleteHomo Escapeons is a closet Trekkie! Wahoo!
Hi,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the visit- I love your blog... you know how much damage a 9th level MM causes (learned on pen and paper, I hope!)...I am an unpaid default admin at a non-profit...it requires many saving throws, so I feel your hit points...er, pain.
(I'm NC-17 too, more than twice as much 'fucking' as 'killing'...yeah!)
Hi Allen, thanks for the visit and comment!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, *standing proudly before you with dice in hand* I learned to roll for damage as early as age 8 while listening to Queen on 45 records. I still play V3.0 D&D nearly every Sunday with the group I've gamed with for the past 6 years. It's a blast!
You're in the non-profit sector too, huh? No wonder your blog is NC-17. ;)
I was surprised that my blog is PG. I thought I was more of a potty mouth. I guess I'll have to fuck it up a bit. :)
ReplyDeleteChristine: Shit yeah! I wonder why they didn't flag me more for content. I noticed they picked the labels, too, which were used ironically in that case, even. I used the label "porn" and it was for a 300 parody trailer.
ReplyDelete*sigh* I guess the rating system is as arbitrary as the NCAA.