Feminist Daily News Wire
June 18, 2007New Report Dispels Myth of Conservative America
A new report published by the Campaign for America's Future and Media Matters for America finds that, although Americans commonly believe that the majority of the country is conservative, Americans are actually progressive in their views and voting trends. The report, titled "Why Conservative America is a Myth," looks at broad ideological convictions rather than specific political issues, and found that "the public is much closer to the progressive view."
The report finds that conservative media sources repeat and promote the myth that Americans are conservative. Even when the Democrats won in the 2006 elections, Fox News emphasized that "from what we could see from all the polling and everything else, it remains a conservative country," though "polling and everything else" were never defined, the report points out. Then, political pundits said that Democrats won in 2006 because they ran conservative candidates, despite the fact that the Congressional Progressive Caucus grew significantly after the election to become the largest Democratic caucus in the House. To gauge the true climate of America, the report included surveys, showing that Americans are more likely to support social services, government action to reduce income differences, stem cell research, and access to abortion.
Well I certainly fucking hope so. I mean, christ on a fucking stick we've known for years that people are swinging more to the Left than ever before. It's the only hope I've got that our country will survive a civil war. It's no surprise to me that the media outlets would whine and cry that people are conservative, contrary to all FACTS or POLLS or evidence of VOTING. I wish the FCC would police themselves and start holding the liars to a higher standard. I'm not saying I've never lied in my entire life, but not when it's fucking important! I'm just glad the tide has changed enough that the sheeple are waking up to the lies of the media. Hell, I remember realizing what a fucking dupe I was when Gore ran. I never planned to vote for him because Nader was running with Winona LaDuke who's a member of my family's tribe up in White Earth, but I remember believing the media's lies about Gore. I remember saying that I wouldn't have voted for him even if LaDuke hadn't run with Nader. I remember well the time before I woke up and smelled the stench of sheeple all over me. I'm not ashamed, exactly, but I'm not proud, either. I was fooled. I didn't know that the newspapers could print blatant lies about people and get away with it. I just didn't know. Well, I fucking know now! That means other people all have the same option as I do. The sheeple CAN be awakened. They just have to want it.
You would think that America is swingin' to the Left but it needs to hit the Centre before (yes that is how we spell centre thanks to the French Norman Invasion of 1066) before it can go anywhere.
ReplyDeleteJudge Judy of all people said something interesting on Larry King..
she said that Americans are finally figuring out what was different about them..
we watch people getting blown up in Iraq or other parts of the world and it is just a part of Life..
here if a dog or a child gets rescued out of a well it's front page news.
That sense that one individual is special and not just part of a huge faceless crowd that is subject to fate or karma.
Now that NEWS departments are just another revenue producing part of a corporation we all have to be extra vigiliant about finding out what is really going on.
Look at the Presidential race, all of this BS up until now could be meaningless and just a distraction from the Huge deficit, scandals and lies that led to this War in Iraq and impeching a uber-lame duck President who abandoned the Right and betrayed not only his party but his entire country.
Your country has never ever been held in such low esteem by the rest of the world thanks to that President and his cabal of evil greedy men.
The Presidential race could very well be between Thompson and Gore, 2 candidates that aren't even officially running yet! So all of this banter, debating and punditry could be nothing but a smokescreen.
How is that for distracting America from dealing with immediate problems...
I give the media an A+
All good points, Homey. I don't know how the American people have been duped into believing the hype that we're all so goddamn special and we don't have to answer to anyone.
ReplyDeleteI think the more the government changes (and it is) the more we'll see truth in our daily lives.
Right now it's all Reality TV. Bleh.