Tuesday, September 26, 2006

it's official

We're all unhappy at our job. One of my co-workers burst into tears in the kitchen. The rest of us constantly apply to new jobs, hoping that we'll have a chance to actually succeed at something in our lives. One of the most common questions to each other is "have you seen any openings lately?" It's really sad the way it's shaking out. We're all making less money than when we were hired due to lack of pay raises and rise in healthcare costs. There isn't any funding for us, and we're forced to cope or flip burgers. I don't want to spend the rest of my life being told how special I am for working with people who have disabilities, and not being able to pay the bills and stressed to death because I can't do five times more work because they have to keep letting people go because of budget cuts. I don't want to work three jobs to make ends meet. I want to work one solid job where I can feel challenged instead of harangued, and not feel between ambivalence and dread each day when I go to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.