Wednesday, September 06, 2006

wondahful time...

San Diego is beautiful. I woke up to the sound of sea birds crying over the harbor, and the smell of salt. We're staying in a fairly nice hotel and I plan to visit the harborside pool later on. My honey's in conference all day and working all night, so I have the day to do what I want. It's early yet and I'm still on midwest time so it doesn't feel godawful to be awake. The ocean calls me today. I forgot my sunscreen but this place still feels like home and I know where the local drugstore is. I just paid four bucks for a small glass of moo juice and I think I'm not gonna do any eating in these hotel restaurants!
We had dinnah with the fam out at Dad's last night and it was a blast. It's so funny to be around all that arguing. Everyone was going back and forth and I'm just not used to that dynamic anymore! I was vaguely uncomfortable when my stepmom starting yelling at my dad and sister, but in a different way I totally enjoyed being around that again. She's not a bitch- they needed it (grin) so it's not like it's a bad thing. I just don't think I'm so used to it anymore.
Driving these SoCal freeways are nerve-wracking too. Of course the fucking scenery is awesome so that makes it great. We were driving by Del Mar which has an inlet right off the ocean, and I was overcome with how GREAT it is. Everywhere it's beautiful. I never appreciated that but after being in the Midwest for so long I'm starting to. I wouldn't want to live here again because it's just such a goddamn struggle every day, but visiting is so nice.

--
"Democrats are sexy. Whoever heard of a good piece of elephant?"

2 comments:

  1. I loved San Diego..of course it was 1977 and I was on 'tour' living in a van
    (like Cheech and Chong)
    and stayin' on the beach. The odd trip to 'Teewanna' was of course bizarre...but all in all..kewl.

    how does that song go..
    I wish they all could-be
    Cali-for-nia girrrrls!

    Sounds like you are having a
    'nice place but I wouldn't want to live there' visit.

    kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livin in a VAN down by the RIVER!

    tee hee.

    Yes, it's a great time. I never made it to the harborside fancy pool, and instead I went down to Ocean Beach. I ended up with a nice burn. =P

    We went last night again to OB for dinnah and drinks and sat by the pier.

    I dunno if I'd come back - maybe if I suddenly hit the lotto. Course I'd have to buy a ticket, which I refuse to do.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.