Thursday, September 21, 2006

weird day

I've been really dysfunctional at work lately, and feeling bored as hell. I'm not sure what's wrong with that...since at least I'm not in a crunch. I've gotten a lot done but feel like I haven't done shit for days. Ennui, perhaps? :P

I went to pick up keys at NARAL so I can volunteer this weekend and the doors were locked. Thank goodness for magnetic protestations posted on the door of the volunteer office, and I was able to hang a note for the interim coordinator. I'll get the keys tomorrow.

After that I went over to pick up Mojo's ashes at the vet's. They gave him Bill's last name, but it's funny because he was Mr. Mojo Risin. He didn't really have a last name. It's a generic way to keep the "patients" straight. In this case, he was in a cardboard box. I wasn't ready to open it so I went over to the neighbor's and had some tea. It was really calming and when I was ready to face the "box" I came home. Inside were some industrial peanuts and a small decorative tin. Christmas in September, you say? No. This one had a small baggie inside with my baby's ashes. Poor thing. I really miss him, and Xerox is not affectionate like he was. I've had them both for so many years - I didn't even notice that Xerox wasn't really into the snuggle thing because Momo was just all OVER me constantly.

>>>ow! ow! ate...pickles...have cramp, will travel.>>>>

Ok. Well, I don't know what I'll do with Mojo's ashes, but there are options. Ellie said it's possible to have them made into jewelry. I might like that. Otherwise we could get a container made and put the ashes in the ceramics glaze. That might be neat too. Oh well, it's not like I haven't got time to decide.

I'm thinking about getting another cat to keep Xerox company now. He still meows forlornly when I walk in the door, but he won't let me pet him. He's still upset and it's been over a week. He seems really lonely, when he's not sleeping. (he's 16 - of course he naps a lot!) I'll have to think more on it, but I do know I don't want my friend's cat Lucky Dave. He sounds like a psycho. Mojo had his day to be a little bastard, but he wasn't feral. I dunno. As confused as I am it's probably better to just wait a while...and hope Xerox doesn't get too lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.