Tuesday, September 26, 2006

teeth-gnasher of the day

However, I was successful at getting my client's private information taken out of the public purview. Jesus christ, all I did was order checks for her from this company, and I got a catalog from this company. WTF? I called the catalog place and took her off the list, but they pre-print those months in advance, so I'm going to see them for a long time to come. Dickheads. I read them the riot act about invasion of privacy and junk mail and they spluttered and I hung up on them.
So then it was time to call the real culprit and wreak havoc. That was good, but my blood pressure spiked really high. It took a manager of a manager to work it all out. They told me that my client could NEVER be taken off their lists for junk mail distribution, even if I was never going to order from them again (which I'm fucking NOT). So I kept asking "up" and finally they removed the name and address from the junk mail list. What an effort just to get removed from a junk mailing list. What crap. What utter crap.

2 comments:

  1. It is terrifying how those vultures circle the NET looking for victims...once you get on one list you are doomed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! It was vaguely exciting to get my way in the end.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.