I'm not sure of what or who
but I'm grateful.
I'm sippin my drink and thinking of days before
when I just didn't have a sense of me
and I wonder what would have happened
if I didn't have that sense of me.
Too many times I struggled to see the future
when I should have been looking back
and too many times I searched the past
when all along it was in front of me.
It was me.
If I forget to notice how far I've come
I hope I get a reminder -
because it's far too easy to wander in the present
and think this is all there is.
Any little thing should do it, dear ones.
Any nudge in my direction that gets me back will suffice.
And when I think on it,
when I think of how good things are,
then I'll be grateful to you.
but I'm grateful.
I'm sippin my drink and thinking of days before
when I just didn't have a sense of me
and I wonder what would have happened
if I didn't have that sense of me.
Too many times I struggled to see the future
when I should have been looking back
and too many times I searched the past
when all along it was in front of me.
It was me.
If I forget to notice how far I've come
I hope I get a reminder -
because it's far too easy to wander in the present
and think this is all there is.
Any little thing should do it, dear ones.
Any nudge in my direction that gets me back will suffice.
And when I think on it,
when I think of how good things are,
then I'll be grateful to you.
I wish I was poetic =(
ReplyDeleteMan Fat, I have faith in your poetic abilities.
ReplyDeleteI miss you! Come round more often.
=)
Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love your profile description. What a great sense of humor.
ReplyDeleteahh, a closet optimist.
ReplyDeleteyou're showing up. that's more than half way....
:)
I like the meaning of this, live in the NOW, dont forget the past and dont forget there is a future, dont wander or meander aimlessley and try to remind friends there is something to work towards now for the future. yep I got that, thanx.
ReplyDeleteces: I love discovering new blogs. I'm glad I ran across yours. I'm glad someone gets my sense of humor. Usually it's: chirp...chirp...nothin but crickets. ;)
ReplyDeletekj: optimist??? NEVAR! It's amazing what a 30-second, free-flow poem will show about one's personality! Thanks for dropping by!
cazzie: Thanks for the feedback! I'm always happy to hear it. I think you're right, and that it's our responsibility as friends to help each other get past our hurdles, even if it's a minor push out of the gutter, which I require daily! haha! ;)
I would spend a lot more time 'living in the moment' if I had some short term memory cells.
ReplyDeleteGetting some sunshine pumped up my wazoo is the perfect way to start my day...now I have to learn how to hold it in somehow without getting cramps.
H.E. - I think I know what you're talking about but I can't recall exactly. I'm not sure why. /grin.
ReplyDeleteYour comment made me snort. ;)
I should never become a poet.
ReplyDeleteBesides the fact that you'd put me to shame...I'd most certainly make overuse of the f-word.
Yeah, call me pessimistic. But that's how I roll.
sometimes. :)
Love what you wrote! You go girl! Glad somebody has some skills!
awaiting:
ReplyDeleteOh fuck. Now I'll have to write a poem with lots of f-bombs just for you! I can't fucking imagine a better assignment. Thanks for dropping by!
=)
Ha! You ever heard of the Power of Now, by some German guy whose name I can't remember?
ReplyDeleteIt's a book but it's supposedly also a way of living. A former girlfriend once embraced it wholeheartedly.
I couldn't. Your present day existence, the Now, would mean nothing if you disregard the past and don't think about the future.
This was funny and fantastic!