When I started this blog back in November of 2004, I only did it to be one of the cool kids. I never thought I'd be here three years later with 449 posts to my name, and a bevy of awesome people who have visited and read, while I visited and read their blogs. I thought that I'd make inane journal-like posts that no one would ever see or care about. I know that I've done some of those, but what's been fun about this blog is that I can post those lame, inane things as well as pictures, videos, and posts about other posts even. It's been variable and great.
What amazes me most is the quality of readership to my blog. Oh, I've gotten the occasional prick with a concern that I'm not being as feminine as Baby Jesus wants me to be. Apparently I say fuck a lot, and that means I'm not a worthy female. Hm. Can I just say Fuck You to all those people once again? Thanks.
The majority of people who have read and commented here are awesome people. We're all amazingly similar in that no matter where we live or started out we have lives, work, relationships, history, and experiences that matter a fuck of a lot to us. We're all writing because we want it known, by god, that we were here and we mattered. This is for posterity, motherfuckers! And there's no other way we'd have it. This is the blogging community I've come to know and love. I really wouldn't have it any other way.
I write here because it's my place that I control, and nobody tells me what I have to post or not post. It's not my stupid company newsletter that I have to put out every month so all the schleps can find out how and where to get their OSHA training. *shudder* This is not a client profile I have to update because somebody has changed from one meaningless job to another. This is my place and I can say Fuck and Shit and write about how much my cat howls in his carrier before he poos there in anger. And that's okay...! Because it's what is going on in my life. I can put anything I want because it's what is happening. It's truth in action. It's documenting my life no matter how mundane, for futurity. It's who I am and how I got here. In a way it IS my life. I can write without apology because this is all for me.
And how fucking cool that people read this. How cool that I can have a meaningful dialogue with incredibly smart and caring people all over the world because I started this little blog journal years ago. That blows my mind, and I feel really goddamn lucky. And no I'm not ass-kissing, motherfuckers, I'm saying it was unexpected and I feel really lucky!
449 posts. Wahoo, bitches!! =)
What an excellent post, should be required reading for new bloggers...449? Congrats! (1,000+ here, not that I'm bragging...eh, fuckit,I am braggin'...)
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind if I link you, I think a lot of my blogpals would dig your blog.
WAHOO indeed!
ReplyDeleteI'm only on my 101st post and can only hope to make it as far as you have. ;p
Keep knocking 'em dead!
Allan: Definitely bragging. :P Gracias for the comments.
ReplyDeleteYou can link my blog, but I don't promise this level of continued excellence. You're taking a BIG CHANCE, my friend. Heh.
Irene: Thanks for the encouragement. 101?? GREAT!! =)
Here's to 449 more!! :) Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThanks Christine! You keep on writing too! =)
ReplyDeleteHuzzah! I too am absofrickinlutely amazed that Blogging is allowed?
ReplyDeleteHow the f*ck are we still allowed to be uncesored or taxed and in control of our own little media empire to disseminate any information to other sentient kickass beings around the entire world? How is this still possible?
This is the greatest device ever conceived by man that will benefit the greatest number of ordinary Earthlings because the truth and ideas are the most powerful forces in the universe.
I am totally gobsmacked!
Congratulations on your successful blog. It'll go on and on because your sincerity is your biggest asset, and you'll never lose that.
ReplyDeleteHomey: No kidding! I keep waiting for the hammer to fall and our Internets to be taken away. We're so fortunate to have this outlet!! Keep speaking that Truth to Power, man! :D
ReplyDeleteFleming: Thank you! (And I mean that sincerely) /grin
Sweet as eh!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Shelley, you rock!
ReplyDeleteAnd you've got the best handle in the Blogworld (Tidalgrrrl is tops).
"This" is an amazing place, this world wide web, this state of being able to be.
It's the only totally personal outlet for everything you want or don't want to let out.
It's sort of an underground, but it's way above ground and all the other crapola that crawls the earth below.
You SO help to bring life to it.
WW Thank you!!!!! And, right back atcha! I really enjoy reading the stories on your blog about real, everyday people doing amazing things.
ReplyDelete