"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Monday, August 29, 2005
so much for the afterflow
So Ben Folds is coming to Madison in October at the Orpheum. I feel like an asshole about the Ravinia thing with Debra. She thought I blew her off and went with someone else, when in reality I was too lame to get tickets before they sold out. Granted that happened fast but STILL. I cannot make the same mistake twice, especially with him coming to Madison.
September 17 at 10am they go on sale and I'm gonna be right there to buy em. Well, you know, online waiting. Ticketmaster and such.
Okay so this is really bugging me. Pervasive thought. When a bee can't find his way home to a hive (fe. hops a ride in a car for 10 miles) does he find a new hive in which to live and work? I know that if another bug goes into a hive then he's completely destroyed, but what about displaced, homeless bees? Are they like those dogs in Homeward Bound that spend years or what not trying to find their way back? I know that bees only live one season. I meant that they'd spend the rest of their short lives traveling back to a hive they may never find? That's so sad somehow. I don't even like bees, but it's a disturbing thought that so many of them hop rides in cars and are let out somewhere far away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You missed a Ben Folds concert and can just go see him at a later date. I envy you so much right now. =P
ReplyDeleteYeah, we're a country at war with skyrocketing gas prices, and a president that can barely read. We work for sub-human wages and bosses that treat us like crap because we're in a country that doesn't value the common person. I drive a car that's rusty and 15 years old and I work to make people's lives better. There's an asshole who's screwing Aunt Marge out of her pension driving a brand new Hummer cause FUCK the gas prices, he can afford it cause he stole her money. Kids are going to school today after waking up in a homeless shelter without school supplies or parents. There's a teenage prostitute who won't be able to secure an abortion because she can't get parental consent in Kansas, but that same judge who agreed to the ruling paid for her to blow him the night before.
ReplyDeleteYeah. I can see ben folds.
Yeah, but... You know... It's Ben Folds. =|
ReplyDeleteYeah. I can see your point.
ReplyDelete