Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Calabria gaming update!


It was so fun. We're on this road to Avoirdupois (my hometown, very stodgy) so I'm like not really looking forward to this at all, but I'm willing to go and try to escape the clutches of my family who may try to lock me up for being a slut. Hmmm. As if THAT'S never happened before. =P

So we're camped and this guy, obviously undead, sits by the abandoned well. He's not evil, but still the paladin doesn't like it. The sorcerer elf decides to give this undead beggar some coin and invite him to tea. (Yeah, we are reeeeeally smart some days.) I knew something was up because Carey had mentioned that she couldn't run the game without me there, and I'm the only one who follows Dionysus as a god. The undead, um beggar (performer, whatever) was wearing a symbol of Dionysus, the Jester God. So we follow the Jester, and so I think the days events have something to do with me giving some coin to the Jester in a dream I had. That tipped some balance and now the god may return. There's a huge process involved there, but I think the ball got rolling.

The undead beggar, named Frog (I have the spell Tongues which is a whole nuther story.) can't speak so he mimes that he wants us to follow him to save someone who's been poisoned. Oh yeah. Frog can't speak because he had his throat cut ear to ear, but since he's undead that doesn't make a problem. However. He can't understand us at first, and we can't cast Comprehend Language on him since it's personal range only. BUT. He can't verbally speak so it won't help either me or Sheridan (elven sorcerer) to cast CL (new spell: comprehend mime? ugh.) on ourself. So I have Tongues, which I cast on myself and so now Frog can understand me and mime back to everyone else.

We follow this guy down the trail through the woods and transverse time. We ended up 2,000 years in the past, before the stars changed and Saint Eloise brought the "Light" to the land. So we're basically back in pagan times with a mime guide and we have to complete some quest here or we're basically fucked.

There were some evil, planar crystalline weird monsters along the road and they were like T2. They changed shape and pulled apart and went back together again. There was no end to the jokes about "are you John Connors?" when Rafe hit one with a destroy with sound and it just reformed. I was asking if anyone had a tanker full of liquid nitrogen, but it wasn't looking very likely. These were some baaaaaaaaaad mothers. I pulled out all the stops (well, dogs) and cast my summon monster spell. I had three lawful good celestial dogs barking at this thing, and attacking with Smite Evil. Of course the AC on these bastards was way too high for them to hit so I had to drag out other magicks.

With Zaskin (Krueger) shooting them with his gnome musket and Gerard (Stu) charging in with Smite and lots of paladin muscle and my magic missiles and Sheridan (Cack) and his shapeshifting dire bear, and Rafe with his bardly crap, we took care of these things. Oh. And darth moll is the psionic who can't use his powers so he threw A DAGGER at it. Yeah. A DAGGER. Wooooo....scary. Look out for HIM, I tell ya.

There was a big keep ahead of us in the forest, and it was full of undead dancers and courtiers. I failed my Will save with a roll of ONE. Yeah, good thing I took that Iron Will feat. =P
We got sucked into a compulsion field that made us walk and dance. We had no control over where we went but we could move our heads and talk. So now, it was left with: I am stuck dancing with the gnome, and the paladin (HAHA) is stuck dancing with my blink bunny wizard familiar pet. Rafe the bard dances by himself, ala Billy Idol.
The sorcerer, Sheridan and the psionic, Kelvin, didn't get sucked in, but they have some kind of malevolent magic-sucking undead ghost to worry about up in the mezzanine.

We have to dance our way out. It's a puzzle, and Krueger and I think we figured it out. But first! We dance. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.