Wednesday, December 28, 2005

so it occurs to me...

...that I haven't done my Christmas rant. Or wait, have I? Dunno. Anyway - for the holiday I pretty much worked through- but I did have time to join my friends Dory and Daryl for a nice dinnah on Xmas eve.
I didn't call the parents, although why I didn't is way beyond me. I was thinking about them, et cetera, but that phone call never materialized. I guess I'm just procrastinating.
I did receive the lion's share of xmas cards from folks, which was verrah nice. I got a really great gift from a staff & consumer, which was a 30 minute massage package. Woot!
I got invited round to all the parties and such, too. I guess that indicates I'm not overly repulsive.
Bill was with his daughters and their peeps, so I didn't see him until Sunday night. I knew he had all kinds of places to be so that's the main reason I took on so many shifts, including cat sitting for Dave and Amy. He would never say it but the last thing I want to do is intrude on people's holidays. So I felt it was better to be already engaged.
Anyway, Christmas is a stupid holiday. Still, I like it, and this year it sucked and I'm not quite sure why. I'm actually upset about it but I have no insight into these emotions yet. I was very glad to keep it low key, but on the other hand I feel like there was so much missing. An odd dichotomy- I'll have to work it out later. I think I'm PMS-ing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.