"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Monday, August 08, 2005
obsess much?
Tonight was fun. I spent forever just browsing every single travel airplane/car/hotel/package/wonkatania/whatnot website I could think of, just to shop around. I found the same tickets for $209 all the way up to $1608. Yeah. Alaskan Airlines are smoking crack. So anyhoo they all managed to work out the same, some better than others, and vice versa. I like that turn of phrase, mostly because it says vice. ha.
I also browsed the new and improved google maps site. I saw my childhood home on satellite! I had thought it was roughly 10-20 minutes north of the border of Mexico-and it is. I also realized I had my own father's address wrong in my faulty memory bank of a head. I had the house number AND the zip code wrong. Huh. Guess senility is setting in. I was having way too much fun with that satellite map. No human being should ever have that fun with a computer website unless there is nudity involved. What a geek I am!
I was looking for the school that was right near our house in Chula Vista where I went to elementary school and I didn't see it. I hope it's still around. I'm not sentimental or anything, it just makes a good landmark. My sister Julie was with me the last time I went down to see the old place, but that was ten years ago, and I am not the queen of directions like she is. She was older too, so she remembered more than I did. She pointed out the trailer park where we lived the first few months of my life. I would never have found it, even if I had memories of it which I don't. It was cool to hear stories that she told. That trip was the last time she and I were ever close. She hooked up with a loser and started changing. Man we sure had a good time. We went on a tourist boat ride by Coronado and had our picture taken in front of the bridge with Point Loma behind us. I wish I had that photo somewhere but I am pretty sure it didn't survive Randy.
It was weird how Julie didn't really visit Dad when she was out. I know she stayed pretty stoned and busy but now that I think about it I don't think she was overly happy to see him. Julie was always bitter over our mother's divorce. When Dad was with Mom he was a dad to all the kids, then after they split he dropped out of their lives because they weren't blood. Now he only stays in contact with my brother and me, but I don't think it would be that way if Julie and Tina weren't so bitter. Dad can't handle drama. He bolts. Julie on the other hand loves to drive a spike into a person's back and keep on twisting, just for spite. I don't think Dad could ever do anything to get her to forgive him, but he has really grown up and I don't know if Julie and Tina realize that he is just a person who grew and changed in the twenty-five+ years since all that. How long is someone supposed to grovel for past mistakes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've become facinated with the google map thing. I've found my home town and even where my grandma lives out in the country...
ReplyDelete