Friday, November 18, 2005

public service announcement

I've been asked to put this up as a public service announcement so here you are!! (all of the descriptions came from random websites that sell the product.)

Shelley's personal guide to personal lubricants:

1.)Astroglide
Astroglide Sex lube is a favorite that’s sure to please. Astroglide lubricant is water based & water soluble, petroleum free, light, odorless, colorless, tasteless, non-staining, long lasting, contains no spermicide and won’t harm your condoms! What more could you ask for in a sex lube? Astroglide is second only to nature. Astroglide lube now comes in a Sensual Strawberry Flavored Astroglide lube and a new Astroglide Warming liquid.--- Astroglide fights HIV in lab tests.

Shelley's Opinion:

Astroglide is good, but it can be a little slimy. It doesn't get sticky, which is very nice. It's actually a very good lube, I'd rate it my #2 choice.


2.)KY
KY lubricants safely replace personal moisture in a way that feels natural and helps enhance sexual pleasure. KY lubricants are condom safe, rinse off easily, and KY can be used every day.

Shelley's Opinion:

KY = Lubri-Can't. I didn't like this at all. It was really watery going on, and disappeared in a few minutes. No staying power at all. The bottle leaked, and spilled everywhere besides. It was messy and just no good. Given the choice I'd use pretty much anything BUT ky.

3.)I.D.
I.D. is another water based lubricant that stays slick longer and doesn’t gum up or get sticky. ID Glide is unflavored, non-staining and fragrance free, this product is safe to use on your favorite condoms!

Shelley's Opinion:

Not bad. I would use this again if I had no real options. It's fairly basic and does the trick. However, it does end up getting sticky. I don't know why this happens. When more is added it's not sticky anymore, but that doesn't last too long. I guess if you don't mind it feeling tacky then use it.

4.)I.D. Millenium
Never-Drying and Super Slick, I-D Millennium is the leader in Long Lasting Lubricants. Using a special silicone-based formula, I-D Millenium is Latex-Friendly and will stay slick even under water. Available in 2 oz. and 8oz. sizes, the Advanced Formula makes I-D Millennium the Preferred Choice in High-End Lubricants.

Shelley's Opinion:

Ew. I was grossed out from the first use of this. It's so slimy! Ewwww. I guess if you have SERIOUS lubrication needs then go ahead. But Ew. Also, it was very difficult to wash off my sex toys after using this stuff. It took LOTS of soap to get everything clean, including me.

5.)Kama Sutra
Welcome to the sensual world of Kama Sutra. Inspired by the ancient Indian guide to lovemaking, The Kama Sutra Company has created a line of products designed to help loving couples create joyful experiences of intimacy and pleasure. Edible loving oils, creams, powders and other sexual potions will entice your body, seduce your senses and bring lovers to the edge of ecstasy. For over twenty-five years, millions of people all over the world have used Kama Sutra products to live more passionately. Whether you're male, female, adventurous or just sensuous, Kama Sutra products are the ultimate gift of pleasure to give yourself or someone you love. All Products from Kamasutra are attractively labeled, premium quality and feature the Kama Sutra promise of No Animal Testing.

Shelley's Opinion:

I've really only used the massage oil from this line, but it smells nice, soaks in great, and doesn't leave your hands all icky. I'm allergic to a lot of things, but this stuff was very gentle on my skin, and it really was nice to use for massaging. I think the smell was frankincense or myrrh or something biblical. Don't know, but I liked it. A bunch.

6.)Wet Fun Flavors
This fun moisturizing lotion is water based and Condom compatible but is made to be licked off after a playful massage. Rub it and it gets hot! Blow on it and it gets hotter! A warming lotion with a terrific taste and 8 flavors to choose from.

Shelley's Opinion:

I tried a lot of these. The warming lotion really worked. As in...WOO-AH. The flavors are what you'd expect. Nothing from this line is really spectacular, but definitely gets my seal of approval if you are into that kind of thing. I found that the cinnamon was painful after about five minutes. It's very intense.

7.)Liquid Silk
Liquid Silk is water-based, yet provides the super-silky feel of a silicone-based lube while still being safe for use with condoms. It comes in a convenient pump bottle that is innocuous enough to keep by the bedside. This lightweight lubricant is completely non-tacky and is not stringy like some other lubes; it washes off easily with water, so it's perfect for use with any of your non-silicone toys.

Shelley's Opinion:

By far my favorite. The pump is great. I got really sick of lube bottles spilling onto my sheets and then I'd roll over into a cold wet spot of lube. Yuck! So Liquid Silk has never spilled. It's got a lotion-like consistency that is very smooth and soft. The excess sort of soaks into your skin so you don't have to wonder "where do I wipe my hands now?"
You can use it with toys, for masturbation, for sex, for whatever. It's just basically great stuff and I'd recommend it to anyone. Also, this washes away with water in seconds. I love that. It's not sticky or anything, no matter how long it's on your skin. In fact, it's more likely to soak in than anything else. It lasts a good while, sometimes it seems like I have to keep adding more, but even so it's not a hassle, especially with that pump bottle.

3 comments:

  1. I always thought the female mind was a mystery. Now no more, i'm so gonna use what i've learned from that post in my life. it was better than that time i wrote into a magazine saying, "i have trouble reaching orgasm"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you meant that this post was helpful to you?

    *grin*

    Good. There were some lubes I've used but not really recently so I can't remember exactly what they were called. I'll add them if ever I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info....even with hearing them live, its nice to have something to refer back to as necessary.

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.