"...brilliant empowered feisty amazon goddess that craps lightning bolts and eats mysogynists for breakfast!" - homoescapeons
Saturday, December 31, 2005
pumpkin cheesecake. YUM!
I had to faff with about 10 other recipes to get this one correct. I made this over Thanksgiving and it rocked. We'll see if I get it right this time, with my bad memory and what not.
=)
1-1/2 cups finely crushed Ginger Snaps (about 38 cookies)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cup mashed cooked fresh pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
PREHEAT oven to 325°F if using silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300°F if using dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix ginger snap crumbs and butter; press firmly onto bottom and 1 inch up side of pan. Bake the crust for 5 minutes to set it.
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and flour in large bowl with electric mixer (or food processor) on medium speed until well blended. Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition just until blended. Pour into crust.
BAKE 1 hour and 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing the rim of pan. Refrigerate overnight. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I should try that sometime. Good idea.
ReplyDelete