Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gaming Rundown

Ok! To begin with, we've been trying for two years to bring back old Gods & Goddesses that were imprisoned by the Church of the Light for thousands of years. We've finished with the Goddess of Nobility (Benari) and Fantasia, the Goddess of butterflies, if you pay attention to what she shows her followers in dreams. So now it was time to bring back the only Goddess not imprisoned. She was just pissed off and needed to be welcomed back. She is Fortuna, goddess of luck and things like that. Punxor (Rob) is her follower, and the rest of us in the party decided to lend a hand.

The day of reckoning began auspiciously. When my character awoke she was covered in flowers. Her one single rose budded plant (which has magical powers) was overloaded with multiple roses in full bloom, multi-colored, and with rose hips, which is highly unusual. The other character had oddness as well, but I was knitting and didn't really pay attention to those descriptions. Woops.

Anyway! As Minister of Health I was with the Palace contingent for the ceremonies happening which were pre-planned as a way for the Don (King) LOL - to reward the Fortunad (gypsy-sorts) with some property that we just adventured through. By the way that property is well and right fucked! It's haunted like nothing else. There's just bad mojo there. We killed lots of baddies there and I had to be ported out and healed somewhere else after being thrown into a literal torture dream in the realm of nightmares. I still need therapy. And they're giving it to the Fortunad. That's just mean. Heh.

After the ceremony the Punxor, Rafe the Bard performed a Mass to Fortuna in the courtyard of the Church of the Light. In front of 40 paladins of the Light and the Pontiff herself. Now that's cojones. Then, the elf dropped a 60-foot statue of the Goddess smack down in front of the Cathedral. Ok. That's when the shit hit the fan. About twenty men armed with swords started rushing up yelling, "Death to Blasphemers!" Then, a magical cup appeared over the head of the statue, and the gnome used his levitation ring, floated up to get the cup, and handed it to the elf, who was sitting on the statue's shoulder. We were hoping the Mass + the statue would be enough of a gesture so that the cup would appear and then Rafe could use it for the ritual to bring back Fortuna. It was required.

Ok, so just then some necromantic constructs appeared and headed straight for Rafe. They were created by necromancers of the Light (huh?) after they'd been converted to the Church, and the idea was that they'd do everything possible to stop anyone trying to bring back the old Gods. Well they run faster than Rafe, but he gave them a chase. The ritual had to happen in the basement of the local gambling establishment, which originally was a temple of Fortuna.

Rafe yelled to Claire (me, the wizard + mistress of flowers) and Gerard (paladin) to protect the Fortunad (gypsies) and then he took off running to the Shining Purse. The necromantic constructs took off after him. He ran as far as he could, then he cast a spell (he's a bard, if you didn't catch that earlier) to make them fall down, and keep falling down, so that he could run away. On top of the falling down spell the gnome (rogue + 1st level cleric of Fantasia) cast a misty fog so now the constructs could not cast line-of-sight spells and well, kill Rafe. So those two were safely on their way to the Shining Purse.

The elf (Sheridan, sorcerer) had the cup, and headed to the Purse as well. Along the way he decided to pour some special vial of liquid he'd been saving into the magic cup (which took on different forms depending who saw it), and he drank. He was taken off on some weird mystical adventure and basically he was in the middle of the street, stupefied, holding the cup, and unable to do his job.

Kelvin ("scholar" + psionic) found Sheridan, and ported him and cup back to the house of the adventurers. He waited until Sheridan came out of it, then Kelvin drank from the cup and was also transported on some magical mystery tour of somewhere, blah blah. The important thing was that Punxor, the player of Rafe, had been planning this for YEARS and these guys were not getting what he needed to the Shining Purse, and there was a chance that after someone drank from the cup it might disappear. So he was beginning to sweat, and the players of Sheridan and Kelvin were milking it. What a thing of beauty.

After Kelvin and Sheridan were done harrassing the Punxor, they decided to head down to the Shining Purse with the magic cup.

Back at the Cathedral Square there were armed men running into a crowd of panicked unarmed innocents with the intent of killing them. That would break the town charter of Free Religion and create Anarchy, which would essentially destroy the entire city. The Pontiff had been whisked away to safety within the Cathedral along with the paladins so that left me and Gerard to deal with this. The owner of the Shining Purse had some hired ruffians and they looked ready to help as well. Claire to the rescue! I witnessed the zealots striking innocent people with the butts of their swords and heading toward the Fortunad to kill them, and I decided to run right into the fray and let loose my Alluring Scent, which overpowers anyone within a 30-foot radius, and they either make a Will Save 19 or be stopped in their tracks until I say so. Let's just say the zealots didn't do so well against my flowery scent, and I maintained crowd control until one of the head paladins, Bettencourt, showed up to take them off my hands. I disarmed all the zealots and tossed the weapons to the rabble in the courtyard for presents. Then, I started tying up the jerks, and refused to give them over when Bettencourt asked. I explained how they had intended to break the city charter, and as a representative of the Don I had the right to take their heads. He assured me they'd be punished severely and thoroughly. I told him I wanted to watch. Ha! That got me an extra point from the DM who thought that was hilarious, and I eventually gave over the prisoners for Church punishment.

The owner of the Shining Purse (Valter Solingi) came over to show appreciation of how well I saved the ENTIRE city from rioting and ruin, and then I headed off to meet up with the boyz for the ceremony. At the Purse, Valter presented me with a Shining Purse coin, which means I have a lifetime membership to the club!! The Shining Purse is the most exclusive club in all of Triskellian, and now I am an honored guest for life. Wahoo!!

In the basement of the Purse Rafe drank sweat from the cup (don't ask), then went through a gigantic ritual to bring back Fortuna. She came back, said he did a good job, and then released him. The cup disappeared then, possibly inside Rafe, we don't know, but it was gone. There was a signal like a bell or chime throughout the town signifying the return of the Goddess of Fortune, and I bet the Pontiff of the Church of the Light heard it too! We're so toast. I'm glad the Don was out of town.

We had much rejoicing, then I went home happy.

3 comments:

  1. NERDDDD!!!!! :)
    ahh i feel better now, i didn get a chance to get into online gaming. WOW wont run well on dial up.

    I once broke up with a girl becuase she called me up on the last mission of starcraft.... all her fault:) Was never going to work out...

    Happy gaming

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a nerd that you don't even know that we were tabletop gaming, good old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons, V3! That's version three for the uninitiated. ;)

    And yeah, I AM a nerd. I also play World of Warcraft, but not this week because I've been riding my bike instead! We went out yesterday for HOURS around the lake and I'm tired but I feel good. Biking = Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never played the table top version, only the forgoten relams D and D rule set...

    It is something i have always wanted to do though, as well as War Hammer, just never had the oportunity

    ReplyDelete

You may choose to comment but if you're an asshole then I may choose to delete it.