My honey loves surf guitar. I do too. As we were biking around Madison yesterday I saw a flyer up that said Dick Dale was going to be at the High Noon!
I said, Honey! Dick Dale, Tonight!
He said, "That's it, we're goin', that's all there is to it, we're fuckin' goin'. " (If you don't recognize this quote, then you may want to re-watch Pulp Fiction.)
We like the High Noon and go there when we know someone who's playing a gig. We biked over and stood in line for a while, and finally they let us in. There were tons of Baby Boomers replete with Jimmy Buffet-Wear (flowered shirts) and also some weirdos that I really enjoyed mocking. There was the Kid Rock impersonator (I shit you not), and what Bill referred to as the "Peg Bundy Meets Trailerpark) if that's not already synonymous.
We drank wayyyyyy too much and then biked home in the cold. I had to wear multiple layers plus his beret because even with the obscene amount of alcohol in me I was shivering and my teeth were chattering too much for me to keep pedaling. It's May, WTF? Anyhoo - We got home roughly around 2:30am, and slept in. Coffee's helping but god-DAMN I don't need to remember how drunk I got. Heh.
Dick Dale, y'all!

He said, "That's it, we're goin', that's all there is to it, we're fuckin' goin'. " (If you don't recognize this quote, then you may want to re-watch Pulp Fiction.)
We like the High Noon and go there when we know someone who's playing a gig. We biked over and stood in line for a while, and finally they let us in. There were tons of Baby Boomers replete with Jimmy Buffet-Wear (flowered shirts) and also some weirdos that I really enjoyed mocking. There was the Kid Rock impersonator (I shit you not), and what Bill referred to as the "Peg Bundy Meets Trailerpark) if that's not already synonymous.
We drank wayyyyyy too much and then biked home in the cold. I had to wear multiple layers plus his beret because even with the obscene amount of alcohol in me I was shivering and my teeth were chattering too much for me to keep pedaling. It's May, WTF? Anyhoo - We got home roughly around 2:30am, and slept in. Coffee's helping but god-DAMN I don't need to remember how drunk I got. Heh.
Dick Dale, y'all!

Surf guitar... not my scene, druunk on a push bike, havnt tried that one... You could probably be arrested for that, i know you can while riding a horse.
ReplyDelete