I bought a new bike on friday as well... I havnt given blood in a while, things keep getting in the way (certain innoculations, and meds) i can agian so i should really make the effort this month:)
Since I now work part-time, I can probably find a moment to donate blood too!! That'll be nice. Normally it's like, "You don't take blood after 5pm? But I'm still at work until 6!!!" That's all changed now! :)
And yes, Aidan bought a new bike. I think it has become the primary love of his life, and I have to be content with second place! That's ok, I just curl up with a book or three until he comes back clamouring for my attention again! :)
Aidan- Same here, I was deferred for months bcause I have been battling with anemia. I read up on how to make red blood cells, and started taking extra C, E, Folic acid, and B12. I also started eating raisin bran every day. I went up to 15.4 on my hematocrit! Wahoo! Congrats on the new bike! Don't ignore your wife too much or she may take up knitting and you'll lose her forever...LOL
Stace - I put in a word for you, haha - I threatened Aidan with you knitting. :) Yes, the blood centers make pretty good hours nowadays, so working folk can actually give. I have the type blood that they need for kids with cancer, and my boyfriend does too, so I got us both down to give the same day. Plus if we go in the morning then I can get more mileage out of the "be nice to me" sticker!! :)
Good for you! I don't even know what type I am? Can you believe that? This probably also explains why I have a 20 year old bike that weighs about the same as our Van.
Spring has sprung here and this week our infestation of defoliating caterpillars begins...aarrgghh..the second that the leaves appear they get stripped for about 3 weeks and have to start all over again so it is June by the time we get going...which leaves us (pun intended) with two months of Summer because August is usually when Fall begins up here... Why do I live here?
Thanks TK! *hugs* Thanks for visiting me blog, lassie! We should get together soon!
You know it's amazing that I misspell my own comments. Heh. I should never read over what I've written, because it's an exercise in futility. I can't edit. Bleh!
I bought a new bike on friday as well... I havnt given blood in a while, things keep getting in the way (certain innoculations, and meds) i can agian so i should really make the effort this month:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder
Since I now work part-time, I can probably find a moment to donate blood too!! That'll be nice. Normally it's like, "You don't take blood after 5pm? But I'm still at work until 6!!!" That's all changed now! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Aidan bought a new bike. I think it has become the primary love of his life, and I have to be content with second place! That's ok, I just curl up with a book or three until he comes back clamouring for my attention again! :)
Aidan- Same here, I was deferred for months bcause I have been battling with anemia. I read up on how to make red blood cells, and started taking extra C, E, Folic acid, and B12. I also started eating raisin bran every day. I went up to 15.4 on my hematocrit! Wahoo!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new bike! Don't ignore your wife too much or she may take up knitting and you'll lose her forever...LOL
Stace - I put in a word for you, haha - I threatened Aidan with you knitting. :)
Yes, the blood centers make pretty good hours nowadays, so working folk can actually give.
I have the type blood that they need for kids with cancer, and my boyfriend does too, so I got us both down to give the same day. Plus if we go in the morning then I can get more mileage out of the "be nice to me" sticker!! :)
Good for you! I don't even know what type I am? Can you believe that? This probably also explains why I have a 20 year old bike that weighs about the same as our Van.
ReplyDeleteSpring has sprung here and this week our infestation of defoliating caterpillars begins...aarrgghh..the second that the leaves appear they get stripped for about 3 weeks and have to start all over again so it is June by the time we get going...which leaves us (pun intended) with two months of Summer because August is usually when Fall begins up here...
Why do I live here?
Its getting closer to winter here........Geez don't ya'll know nuffing
ReplyDeleteWe canna help it if you Aussies gt everything backwards! Sh-haw!
ReplyDeleteSweet new ride, Shelley!
ReplyDeleteThanks TK! *hugs* Thanks for visiting me blog, lassie! We should get together soon!
ReplyDeleteYou know it's amazing that I misspell my own comments. Heh. I should never read over what I've written, because it's an exercise in futility. I can't edit. Bleh!